Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rory set to play for NZ  (Read 1689 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 17:22:38 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/interview/0,,10341~658039,00.html

Good for him, we've now got two international strikers!  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 17:28:48 »

I know its a bit harsh but this is bad news....especially for a tin pot football nation on the other side of the world....means you keep losing your player and they come back either injured or knackered.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 17:30:12 »

One game in the summer aint gonna hurt us too much!The only reason he's in the sqaud is cos its a 30 man squad. Can't see him being a rgular first teamer myself.

But still nice to say we have two internationals who will hopefully both play in the last game of the year.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 17:34:28 »

NZ are complete crap......football is pretty much a minority sport. but they get in Blatter tournaments like the Federations Cup which is this summer I think.

Ryan Nelson at Blackburn looks useful, but Fallon must be one of their few other full time players.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 19:01:17 »

Yeah, NZ will be rubbish, bu he'll ge too test himself out against a team that will nmo doubt be full of decent players, so it can only be a useful exercise for him.

Just hope, as you say Reg, that he doesn't bugger off back over there too often, because I think he's gonna have to be a very important player for us next season.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 19:06:30 »

Another one turns his back on England eh?

Tsk   Crying

Fair enough mind if it wasn't for that youth call up he had he would be Kiwi through and through what with his old man's connection and all.

Got to say I am very impressed with his attitude, I hear that last summer aside he usually returns home every summer after the season then trains with his Dad's team.

He thought that not going last season and opting for a holiday may have thrown his fitness off during the start of the season.

I was once going to emigrate to Auckland but decided on Chester and Uni instead.

Amir

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 19:53:58 »

He's obviously a kiwi, he puts 'eh' on the end of everything eh.

He seemed a little reluctant about the whole call up, but seeing as this game is at QPR, go for it Rory.  Big Kiwi/Aussie community round that way too.
T_C_G

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 20:54:13 »

Will do him some good i think. He will get the chance to play along some good players. Only bad point is he might brake his leg and unavailable half of next season  :|
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: