Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Overrated 11  (Read 3565 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 23:36:23 »

cant be arsed to do 11 but paul robinson is a must.
cashley cole is another.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 23:40:26 »

Robinson

Finnan
Carragher
Ben Haim
A.Cole

Pennant
Mikel
Lampard
Kewell

Viduka
Crouch
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 00:40:07 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Crouch is easily the most underrated player in the premiership by the average fan, the average guy who knows nothing about football but watches sky sports one every few months thinks he's crap, when they've never even seen him play live, anyone who knows football well and basically all football managers know he's a great player.

Lampard also cannot be considered overrated, your average England fan thinks he's crap because that's the bandwagon view now, he's actually not crap, so he's underrated.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 07:46:45 »

Ballack, over-rated, you must be fucking joking

I come from a land down-under
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 08:32:59 »

Crouch and Viduka over rated my backside!
red macca

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 08:56:26 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Crouch is easily the most underrated player in the premiership by the average fan, the average guy who knows nothing about football but watches sky sports one every few months thinks he's crap, when they've never even seen him play live, anyone who knows football well and basically all football managers know he's a great player.

Lampard also cannot be considered overrated, your average England fan thinks he's crap because that's the bandwagon view now, he's actually not crap, so he's underrated.
im on no bandwagon mate he is good but no where near as good as he believes he is
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 09:08:44 »

I agree with BWB, Crouch and Lampard aren't over rated at all.  Crouch in fact is a very good footballer.  

Lampard does a very good job for club and at times for country too.  Okay so Lampard and Gerrard don't seem to gel together for england, but that doesn't mean either are crap.
Barry Scott

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 10:40:09 »

I've always been a bit mystified how a midfielder who has scored 20+ goals a season for 3 seasons+ can be overrated. There's not many of that ilk. There's not many who score half what he scores.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:01:05 »

Robinson

Cole
Carragher
King
Finnan

Wright-Phillips
Carrick
Mikel
Kewell

Crouch
Ashton

I realise most of them are English, just the ones that came to my head.

Regarding Crouch, for every 10-15 half to good chances he gets he puts 1 away. That is not good enough. He can control the ball initially but then fuck it up all too often - like on Tuesday night, he bought the ball down on his chest took a touch and then he kneed it and blew the chance. Also the number of chances at Chelsea week before. And why can't he head the ball?! He's average.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:04:47 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
I've always been a bit mystified how a midfielder who has scored 20+ goals a season for 3 seasons+ can be overrated. There's not many of that ilk. There's not many who score half what he scores.

Thats true. He's clearly not crap.

Its just that he seems to have very little use to a team other than to be the most attacking part of a 3 man midfield who is encouraged to follow up knock downs from the big target man, and has 2 holding players covering his share of the defensive work.

Put him in a flat midfield 4 and he is consistantly anonyomous. Chelseas team is perfectly set up to suit him. Ask him to do anything else other than that and he looks medicore at best
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:11:51 »

thats like saying put petr cech up front and then judging his performances. Attacking midfield is his position. Technicaly lampards a better footballer than gerrard, but because gerrard runs around and huffs and puffs he's viewed as the better player

Things get better but they never get good
red macca

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:17:57 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
thats like saying put petr cech up front and then judging his performances. Attacking midfield is his position. Technicaly lampards a better footballer than gerrard, but because gerrard runs around and huffs and puffs he's viewed as the better player
on what basis

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:20:36 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

on this i agree with you 100%. :shock:
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:21:12 »

On the fact he has a better range of passing, better vision. I'm just repeating what european football people say, but if an italian or top spanish team had to choose between lampard or gerrard they would pick lampard, because he isn't so headless-chicken like.

Things get better but they never get good
red macca

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:29:50 »

Fair enough
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: