Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Malpas  (Read 5324 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:15:42 »

He was shit at Dumfermline I think it was?
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:17:41 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

He's not been there - he only played for Dundee United ...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:20:29 »

He would probably know Sturrock as well and of course Sturrock reccomended Bobby Williamson to Plymouth when he left...he may have done the same thing with Fitton
Dazzza

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:23:31 »

Worked under Buchaaaaaaaaaaa at Motherwell, was promoted to first team coach and then sacked not long after...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/06/02/sfnmot02.xml

He was caretaker of the Scoch eggs U21's last I can find.

Dazzza

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:24:59 »

Malpas failed to win over the Motherwell supporters, many of whom demonstrated against him during the final weeks of a troubled campaign. An uncompromising individual whose brusqueness masks a dry wit, he did himself few favours by publicly attacking his critics.

Cheesy  Andy King part deux

To be fair he was stiffed with some of their best players leaving the club during the summer when he took over.

STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:25:10 »

Quote from: "Terry Tibbs"

Motherwell as mentioned above thats the one...
lebowski

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:25:17 »

on the subject of motherwell, scott leitch is currently assistant manager there, under mark mcghee.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:26:20 »

From BBC Sport:

Maurice Malpas says he is considering a career change after missing out on the Scotland U-21 job.
The former Motherwell manager had been in caretaker charge since Archie Knox left to take a coaching role at English Premier League club Bolton.

But Billy Stark was named the new U-21 boss earlier this week.

"I'm really disappointed to miss out on the Under-21 post, I felt I had the necessary experience for the job," Malpas told the Daily Mail.

Malpas, 45, said he wanted to remain in football and would consider taking a coaching role in England.

"I have already been looking further afield than Scotland and will now intensify my efforts," he said.

"So far, I have spent my whole working life playing and coaching north of the border.

"Never having played in England seems to count against you somewhat and this is something I have discovered while looking for work."

Malpas has been involved with the national team at various age-groups for the past decade.

Malpas said if he was not given the chance to coach elsewhere, he would consider a career outside football.

"If nothing comes up over the next few months, I may have to think of a career change that takes me out of football."

Stark left Queen's Park to become the Scotland U-21s boss and is expected to take up his new role in the next few weeks.

The young Scots are next in action on 17 November when they travel to Slovenia for a European Championship qualifying tie.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:27:58 »

What the fuck are you on about? He managed Motherwell ... he played for Dundee Utd ... and was never anywhere near Dunfermline aside from being born there ... so how was he shit there?Huh???
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:28:42 »

What the fuck are you on about? He managed Motherwell ... he played for Dundee Utd ... and was never anywhere near Dunfermline aside from being born there ... so how was he shit there?Huh???

ERM I got the wrong team up there, I did say I THINK IT WAS Dumfermline.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:32:14 »

ERM I got the wrong team up there, I did say I THINK IT WAS Dumfermline.

So what was this about:

You're fucking my head up with this utterly bizarre conversation
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:34:12 »

He does seem to fit the bill for an up-coming coach and scotland have provided a few good ones in recent years, working with Scotland he will have good contacts in the game.

He didn't do well at Motherwell but at the time they were having club trouble I think.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:37:43 »

I nearly posted earlier to say that after all the debate about Ling/Allen/Nijholt/Byrne etc that the appointment would probably come completely out of left field and be some one that nobody would have dreamt of considering.

This would certainly fall into that category if true.  That BBC report certainly does nothing to disprove the rumour.

Again, if for the sake of argument we assume it's true then it smacks of Sturrock's input and Fitton has said before that he has sought Sturrock's advice on different things.

It's an interesting one. IF this is true, it would be the most surprising managerial appointment since Ossie Ardiles. No one saw that coming either.

Interesting times :shock:
Marty McFly

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:38:36 »

Im sure this is just a rumour. I cant believe Fitton would settle for someone with that little managerial experience and a poor record as well.
Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:39:35 »

Aye, well if he's Scotch that's usually the first qualification for a decent manager.

The nice thing is he's an unknown prospect (of sorts) while most candidates have usually been on the old managerial...

http://solarider.org/my-pics/merry-go-round-16-12-2005.jpg

a few times.

I can see Ling becoming more unlikely given the interviews have taken place and nothing having been leaked to press, especially were Hearn is concerned.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: