Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: some people get all the luck  (Read 1206 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 16:28:07 »

Why cant it be us that these people invest in??? Sad

QPR have been given a cash boost after the family of the world's fifth richest man bought a 20% stake in the club.
The son-in-law of Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal, who is reportedly worth £50bn, will join Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore on the club's board.

"This investment is a great stepping stone towards the future development of the club," said a club statement.

"It supports the ambition of the current shareholders to reach the Premier League in the near future."

606: DEBATE
Your reactions to the news  

QPR are currently bottom of the Championship, but they could now potentially near neighbours and FA Cup third round opponents Chelsea in the transfer market, should Mittal wish to spend his cash.

"The family is excited about becoming involved with QPR," said Mittal's son-in-law, Amit Bhatia.

"As a family, we love sport and particularly enjoy English football, and alongside Bernie and Flavio, we hope that we can improve the club's performance, with the ultimate ambition of a place in the Premier League."

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spencer_White

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 16:43:49 »

If you think money is the issue with STFC then you have misread the situation.

Besides Fitton has said his consortium is worth 100's of millions.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 16:45:47 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
If you think money is the issue with STFC then you have misread the situation.

Besides Fitton has said his consortium is worth 100's of millions.

Will is from out in the sticks they have'nt even got Radio's out there let alone TV's, he thinks Ray Hardmans still in charge.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 16:54:29 »

It says there are around 12 groups looking at buying Luton, probably a load of rubbish though

I come from a land down-under
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 18:18:04 »

If a billionaire tried to buy STFC,  it would encourage them to ask for more money

From the Dark Side
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 18:25:38 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
If a billionaire tried to buy STFC,  it would encourage them to ask for more money

Spot on Phil. If it was Mr Abramovich trying to buy us right now they'd be asking him for a £8 million pay off (sound familiar?).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: