Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England V Croatia  (Read 18481 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 10:55:42 »

Dunno, a 4-5-1 may work as long as the wide players get in the game - I'd play Ashley Young - didn't see the game on Friday so don't know how he got on but he's got the tricks to take on anyone and can actually cross the ball.

Also I'd leave SWP out and play Joe Cole as the other winger, they'd be able to swap around and scare the full-backs, get Gerrard as involved as possible as far up the pitch as possible with Barry and Hargreaves holding the midfiled together.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 10:57:52 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "janaage"
I'm going to the cinema instead.

American Gangster?  I meant to be seeing this tomorrow night.  Sounds like a decent film.

I don't think the person I'm going with is too keen on watching it  Sad

Must be a female you're going with then Si, as all men like gangster films don't they?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 11:02:04 »

I'm going to the cinema instead.

American Gangster?  I meant to be seeing this tomorrow night.  Sounds like a decent film.

I don't think the person I'm going with is too keen on watching it  Sad

Must be a female you're going with then Si, as all men like gangster films don't they?

Yes and yes.
McLovin

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 11:03:53 »

I'd drop Joe Cole and play Young. SWP instead of Beckham, Barry in for Gerrard. Carson to continue. Actually, bring back Cole for the injured Owen and let him drop off. AND TRY TO CREATE FUCKING CHANCES!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 16:31:51 »

I'd go with 4-4-2, presuming there is somebody left to partner Crouch?

Midfield I'd go with Cole, Barry, Gerrard and SWP. There's always the possibility of bringing Beckham into the game if it looks like good delivery could win it for us
(awaits anti-Becks responses)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 16:51:24 »

Centurion lager is far greater than Becks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 16:51:51 »

I watched the U21's Friday and I dont think Young is quite ready for the first team yet, hes not far away but I think its a bit too much of a jump for him.

Now Agbonlahor is a different matter, pacy great close control, took his goal well.

But I agree...we need to create more chances, get the ball in the box, especially if we are playing with Crocuh..which looks certain...get the ball on his head and he will win more than he loses in the air.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 16:53:25 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I'd go with 4-4-2, presuming there is somebody left to partner Crouch?

Midfield I'd go with Cole, Barry, Gerrard and SWP. There's always the possibility of bringing Beckham into the game if it looks like good delivery could win it for us
(awaits anti-Becks responses)

I am not anti Becks at all but his dead ball delivery was very very poor against Austria, his corners went very astray (except 1)...which for him is not normal...but everyone knows what he can deliver and it is a close call between him and SWP on the right for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 17:47:21 »

We'll play for the draw and we'll end up losing. I hate it when we only need a draw. It spells disaster all round. Not confident but when am i ever?  Cheesy
lebowski

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 18:02:21 »

croatia are through and a draw will see them top the table, england need a draw to qualify. this will definitely be a draw.

2-1 on coral. load up on it.

interestingly, 3 of the top 4 seeds are austria, switzerland and greece. it will actually be very beneficial to be in seed group 2.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 20:00:54 »

I thought Israel would draw with Russia, leaving us to beat the Croats, which we'd fail to do by drawing.   If we can't get a draw from this one, then McClaren has to go on Thursday.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:38:47 »

Just about to leave for the pub.

We'll win this. Convincingly.

Our pampered players will be up for this one after all the stick that's been dished up.

We can then build them up to ridiculous heights, only to see them implode spectacularly in the finals, when they'll once again be slagged off as useless tossers.........

And around and around we go......................

It's All Good..............
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:42:01 »

I think we will blow it tonight.

/
W56196272
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:48:38 »

Am i the only one that thinks they should try putting beckham in the middle again? If they want to play SWP on the right and five across the middle have Beckham, Gerrard and barry in the middle, then Gerrad can bomb on safe in the knowledge he'll allways have two covering centre mids. Beckham is still class and there's no denying it.

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 18:48:50 »

Pathetic-one up front just so's he can play his precious Gerrard and Lampard-cunts the pair of 'em!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: