Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power gets a right slagging on the OS  (Read 5313 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 10:01:47 »

Noticed this and something possibly stupid came to me. Hopefully someone with a knowledge of these things can help...

"As far as I am concerned he has bought shares in the club. If he wants to trade them then I am happy with that."

So MD implied shares in the Club, when it has always been stated it's the holding company, but this raised a question with me.

In the real world the club can't be worth £1.2m, so therefore can a judge rule that BP has to take an equity holding from the club (not the 'holding' company) in relation to his £1.2m?

It may sound a bit silly, but baring in mind the illiquid nature of the club, could it be ruled that for £1.2m BP is entitled to the 100% of the clubs shares?

It may be a shit return on investment (as he'd be buying £xxm of debt within a cash greedy company, as opposed to getting £1.2m), but can a judge demand ssw writes STFC shares over to BP as payment?

I don't see it as a possibility, it's pretty "outhere", just wondered. Plus the thought of BP being given an equity stake in STFC and the right to attend meetings and more would be a touch amusing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 10:45:25 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Someone ought to remind Mikey boy that the laws of slander and libel apply to him as well. It's all very well him slagging off Paul D

Meh, I've had much worse things said about me by much better men. Not worth the time and effort.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 11:11:16 »

Didn't Mikey D say that he is busy issuing extra sgares to make other smaller shareholdings, insignificant.
I know its a Private Co, but if Bill is alleged to own shares, wouldn't he be entitled to vote on the sale of the club or what ever. I own a very samll number of shares in some large plc's & get a vote on everything.  And they can't even decide on what % of the Co, Bill is supposed to own.
Muppets, the lot of them

From the Dark Side
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 19:10:40 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Someone ought to remind Mikey boy that the laws of slander and libel apply to him as well. It's all very well him slagging off Paul D

Meh, I've had much worse things said about me by much better men. Not worth the time and effort.

Cheers Paul Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 21:45:38 »

Quote from: "donkey"
Quote from: "pauld"

Cheers Paul Wink

Shouldn't that be?:

Cheers,

Donkey
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 17:19:41 »

Cheesy

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.