Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whisper it quietly....  (Read 3385 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 00:29:53 »

Ooh.. I'm loving this lets all get excited about our team stuff, its a novelty...
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 01:00:27 »

the who now?
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 07:42:01 »

nicho a bit ropey. he was more effective than vincent at left back.he didn,t back off all the time,tackled when needed ,shot at goal,kept the ball on the pitch when he crossed,used his long throw to good effect lasted 90 mins on his comeback .i think the way vincent has been at left back this season tranny would probably walked away with the points.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 08:37:49 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"
nicho a bit ropey. he was more effective than vincent at left back.he didn,t back off all the time,tackled when needed ,shot at goal,kept the ball on the pitch when he crossed,used his long throw to good effect lasted 90 mins on his comeback .i think the way vincent has been at left back this season tranny would probably walked away with the points.

:goodpost:
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 12:46:04 »

I agree with the last two posts.  Nicho did well coming in today especially against a team like Tranmere.
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 12:54:35 »

I agree with the last 3 posts.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:07:16 »

I agree with the previous 2 posts, but not the two before
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 15:00:26 »

Nicho clearly looked rusty, but that was to be expected.

Hopefully he'll get better with a few games under his belt.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 15:16:02 »

Massive win for us yesterday, really glad to see corr come back.  Nicholas offers us more at left back than vincent does.  He did well to last 90 minutes on his first game back and was solid throughout

normy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 15:20:49 »

Hate to disagree with everybody, but I thought the first half was very poor in terms of football, mostly long angled balls, and few build-ups and crosses. Second half was not much better, again little wing play,until the ineffective Roberts was subbed. We scored from one of our few good moves.
On the plus side, we battled hard against  tough and rough opponents who encouraged the whistle-happy ref to keep slowing the tempo down, and we finished the game stronger, a very good sign against a top team.

ust be the oldest
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 15:22:34 »

agreed BB, vincent always felt like a risk and i think he distracted the centre-backs because they were worried about him. feel much more confident with nicho and gives us more options going forward.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 17:12:26 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"

we got fuck all from his long throw and didn't change it up enough imo

can anyone remember the last time we scored from a long throw??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 27, 2007, 16:59:47 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
.....but I thought we looked like a half decent team today.

Careless whisper Reg. You just know that every time you think STFC have cracked it they find something to make it come crashing  around your ears Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 27, 2007, 20:10:35 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
.....but I thought we looked like a half decent team today.

Careless whisper Reg. You just know that every time you think STFC have cracked it they find something to make it come crashing  around your ears Smiley

Yeah, but that was last Sat, a week at STFC is a long time, by Wednesday I'd changed my view, because of players leaving

Think this is the first sign of the inevitable decline of our season.....our promising start is based on squad strength, it will infect the players with negative vibes, kick on to the fans and hasten the fall in crowd size. The Jan window wil see players sold

Roberts pretty much confirms it in the Adver.

Anyone for a boycott?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 27, 2007, 20:25:32 »

Here is the link to the Roberts article for anybody who wants it
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: