Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham Matchday Thread  (Read 14263 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 6, 2007, 22:13:51 »

hmm I thought everything came down the right in the first half.

As I've said before, Vincent does a good job of orangising the defence and keeping the line.....its always him you hear shouting all the time.

Every time we clear a corner you can hear Vincent telling everyone to push up. Nicholas barely speak on the pitch.

He's never going to be brilliant going forward and over lap and set up goals, but he doesnt need to do that.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 6, 2007, 22:25:26 »

where di d the first goal come from?

vincent - roberts-vincent-easton-mcgovern goal.
STFC Village

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 6, 2007, 23:54:23 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Conversely, it's my first game of the season tomorrow
Not a bad start Cheesy

Everyone played well today, particularly impressed with J-PM, Paynter and Easton. The blonde bombshells terrorised them down the wings from start to finish and the front two were a real handful. Very impressed with Collins before he got injured as well.

I liked the way we kicked on second half and went out to kill the game off, all too often in the past we've tried to defend leads like that and failed.

As has been said, Gills were awful, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and we did that with a real style and panache.

I haven't enjoyed a town game as much as that in aaaaaaaages
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, October 7, 2007, 00:16:12 »

Quote from: "DV"
hmm I thought everything came down the right in the first half.

As I've said before, Vincent does a good job of orangising the defence and keeping the line.....its always him you hear shouting all the time.

Every time we clear a corner you can hear Vincent telling everyone to push up. Nicholas barely speak on the pitch.

He's never going to be brilliant going forward and over lap and set up goals, but he doesnt need to do that.

You can't do better than orangising a defence.

Fucking loved today, we really should have had 10. Vincent did play well today, one brilliant challenge in particular, one of the first decent performances i've seen him put in this season. The front line were immense, i loved it. JPM, Paynter, Cox, Roberts, Easton - all good.

But my favourite moment of the match was when ifil went up for a corner, the ball got cleared and he sprinted back 60 yards and made a tackle - thats quality and thats why Jerel will be a legend at STFC.

5-0  Beers fucking love it.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, October 7, 2007, 09:02:09 »

First time I've seen Cox - excellent first touch, worked his socks off and could have had four at least.  Paynter worked hard was strong on the ball but missed a couple of really easy chances - but churlish to moan.  Roberts was ok in the first half and excellent in the second - he even ran back 50 yards and put in a tackle. Collins looked great in the short time he was on and Blackburn covered for him pretty well.  I know the Gills did't do much but the did have a fair number of corners and crosses and I though Smith dealt with these better than I've seen him do in the past. Easton brilliant - great tackling in midfield and a couple of good forward runs.  JP - a menace to them all game and combined well with the Minge, who overlapped all day.  For the Gills, only Sodje and their number 7 turned up, worst back 4 I've seen in an age.  I have to back up those who've said we could have had 10, cos the chances that didn't go in were bloody great chances not half ones.  If Cox's overhead kick had gone in in would have been fantastic.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 07:52:50 »

Of all games to miss I cannot believe I missed this one.

If we somehow manage to avoid points deduction then top 6 is very realistic.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 08:01:26 »

What a loser  Wink
red macca

« Reply #142 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 08:19:28 »

Best performance so far everything seemed to click into place. Gills were not that good but alot of that was to do with how well we actually played.Easton and peacock (yes peacock) dominated midfield and i would say so far Easton has been our best player.Vincent played well until taken off but i must admit when comingues was attacking down the left that is how i like to see left backs play.

Got to say well done to Sturrock though after not being paid etc swindon teams in the past would of used that as a exuse so fair play to the lads
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 08:36:28 »

Peacock indeed Macca - easily his best performance of the season.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 10:30:29 »

peacock mom in adver.nah!
Run_the_bath

« Reply #145 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 10:33:07 »

in the past i thought commingues was a bit light weight at right back but on saturday he was brilliant, winning tackles and winning headers and getting forward and when he couldnt get back roberts covering him.

saying all that though the whole team played brilliantly, extremely hard to pick a man of the match imo.

Easton has been immense for me
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: