Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill's back!  (Read 4937 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 09:09:23 »

You would need a definitive turning point in order to trigger a protest.  And in any case, protests are rarely organised.  They happen spontaneously.

What happened last season was 50 or so internet message board posters agreed enough was enough, and pledged to turn up at the back of the Arkells Stand to protest after games.  And that's exactly what happened.  The 50 message boards posters turned up...and no one else.

When/if the creditors threaten to wind the club up, or if Sturrock hints that he has reason to believe Diamandis' actions are threatening the takeover and therefore the future of the club...then you'll get your protest.  And you won't need to resort to drumming up support on an internet message boards either.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 09:15:28 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Well you can count me out of your extrememy vague protesting about stuff in general.

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/mar2006/down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 09:28:49 »

Without some endorsment from a recognised body of fans, protests of the required magnitude are never going to materialise.

I thought the attempts with the leaflets to get something proper organised didn't make a blind bit of difference, and as such, was probably the most organised thing outside of the forums that could have been done. Also the leaflets 'educating' people drummed up interest, but didn't boost the numbers.  The blimp gave us a bit of exposure for the day, but was outrageous enough to be laughed off.

Yeovil Red doesn't want to protest because he almost got in a fight that time Cheesy
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 09:34:24 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Well you can count me out of your extrememy vague protesting about stuff in general.

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/mar2006/down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

Arse, someone beat me to it on the other thread Crying
Frasier3

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 09:50:28 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Get it sorted then frasier

I'll gladly help get it sorted once/if there is a concensus that it is worth doing. As I said a protest has to be given "consideration". This is not the same a saying we should have a protest. Did you miss that bit in my post or do just like trying to be a smart arse. Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 10:05:44 »

I know for a fact all of the people saying ad-hoc protests (over god knows what) won't work have given it careful consideration. You could say in this respect that there isn't a consensus and probably won't be until something serious comes to light (as Ardiles has said).

People moaning that nothing gets done and then shy away and say someone else should sort it, whilst they give it their consideration do my nut in. If you don't want to protest then you don't bother. If you do, then you need to get off your arse and go for it. These very message boards instigated a lot last season. In fact the heavily publicised orange revolution was borned from here. Use your imagination.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 10:06:55 »

*born Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 10:09:21 »

I am glad now that I didn't take my orange Fans Power sticker out the back of my car now  Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 10:12:48 »

*born Cheesy

*borne  

My flid fingers hit an extra key
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 10:17:57 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
*born Cheesy

*borne  

My flid fingers hit an extra key

d'oh
Dazzza

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 12:00:40 »

Update on the court case from the adver...

Power gets court date
By Nick Mashiter
Comment
Bill Power has thrown his support behind the Portuguese consortium as their protracted takeover of Swindon Town continues and he prepares to take the club's existing board to court.

He and Town will meet on November 9 in the High Couirt in London to settle their dispute over the £1.2 million Power claims he loaned them last May.

The money, which Town insist was a share option, is believed to be one of the issues delaying Best Holding's £6 million takeover at the County Ground. The case adds to the club's woes after it was revealed the players were only due to be paid for September yesterday.

It ended a bad midweek after the club were beaten 2-1 at Swansea on Tuesday.

"If there is a sticking point I know who it will be coming from and it will not be from the new owners," said Power. "I have been reasonable every single step of the way and given them a million opportunities, which they have refused.

We have to resolve it amicably, which will now be done in court, but I don't know why we couldn't do it man to man."

Power has been using his contacts at his former club to find out more information about chairman designate Jim Little and future general manager Jose Veiga.

"I know an ex-QPR player, who is an agent and played in Portugal, who knows them and he said they are absolutely bone fide," he said.

"If they say they have £2 million, six or even 20 then they have it." Little said the consortium was committed. "I am confident we will be able to say something soon about the final completion because both parties really want it done," he said.

10:17am today

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 12:10:25 »

make or break time then...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 12:16:52 »

What ever the outcome, I reckon Bill P should be given the freedom of Swindon. Legend

From the Dark Side
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 12:18:01 »

good to see.

also hope the reporter has learnt not to shave his arse with blunt razors, given his name.
dell boy

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 12:18:11 »

If we haven't paid the CVA and creditors, the players are being paid late, Bill Power is taking the club to court, there has been no takeover confirmed, then why haven't the football league taken action against Swindon. I thought the timescale was the end of September.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: