Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [F1] McLaren excluded from world champ'ship... Or are they  (Read 3619 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 18:03:21 »

So Mclaren out of the constructors but the drivers still in the Championship race.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 18:08:52 »

That's right Rich, Lewis and Alonso fight another day. MacLaren are out of pocket and get a crap pit box position next year.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 18:09:14 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Super Aguri's car is a copy of the Honda of last season - they've as good as admitted it

Nearly correct. The Super Aguri IS last year's factory Honda, adapted to the revised technical regulations that came into play during the off season. In a similar vein, this year's Toro Rosso is a modified version of the this year's Red Bull RB3. Although in that case, they use different engine suppliers (Red Bull - Renault, Toro Rosso - Ferrari) which probably accounts for the 'modifications'. All of which has pissed off Spyker, who design and build their own car, albeit with a Ferrari engine.

Prodrive will enter the championship next year as the 12th team as a Customer team to one of the top squads, although I don't think its been revealed who yet (rumoured to be McLaren though).
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 18:16:00 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
The week following McLaren, supposedly not looking at the manual, McLaren start winnning, when they were clearly off the pace of Ferrari in the first 3 races.... Why should they be allowed to benefit from another teams R&D? Fuck 'em.

Don't wish to pick holes in your argument, but thats factually incorrect. 2nd race of the season in Malaysia, McLaren got a 1-2. Fair enough, Raikkonen won in Australia at a canter, but Massa only beat Lewis by 2.3 seconds in Bahrain - hardly off the pace IMO.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but continue ranting  Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 21:11:31 »

Does OST have to do anything?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 7, 2007, 17:26:36 »

Interesting revelation....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article2604131.ece

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 7, 2007, 17:31:39 »

To be honest, I've suspected as much from the day the Spygate scandal was revealed. Its just we haven't heard directly from the two major players (Stepney & Coughlan) until now...as you say, very interesting...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: