Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Yeovil Matchday Thread  (Read 12600 times)
McLovin

« Reply #120 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 14:37:08 »

I think he's sound, but not worthy of the rave reviews he constantly gets... that's what baffles me.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 14:38:31 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Blackcurrant"
Pook and Easton were okay, but not very creative.
Zaaboub frustrates the hell out of me
McGovern was disappointing when he came on
Sturrock and Peacock should never start a game up front again
I still don't get the Aljofree love. I preferred Williams last year.

:shock:  he had an excellent game yesterday.

excellent? he lost his man at a corner and the cunt scored.
red macca

« Reply #122 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 14:40:04 »

I havn't swwn the replays yet how far out was he when he scored
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 14:44:09 »

not far enough
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 14:52:32 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Peacock works his ass off every game.
That comment is really starting to get on my fuckin tits now.I would rather he was a lazy cunt and done what he was supposed to do and score some fucking goals

Amen to that Macca.  Like I said on another thread Peacock is not there to work his ass off.  What did Owusu do yesterday other than the goal??  Nothing, but he scored the winner.

What did Peacock do, get involved in a lot of tracking back, but posed no threat to their goal whatsoever.

Vincent, Roberts and McGovern had our best chances the strikers were as toothless as ever.
Fair point, but they weren't given anything like decent service all game
Spud

« Reply #125 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 16:24:16 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Blackcurrant"
Pook and Easton were okay, but not very creative.
Zaaboub frustrates the hell out of me
McGovern was disappointing when he came on
Sturrock and Peacock should never start a game up front again
I still don't get the Aljofree love. I preferred Williams last year.

:shock:  he had an excellent game yesterday.

excellent? he lost his man at a corner and the cunt scored.

Can't say i followed who was marking who and i couldn't be bothered to watch it again on tv as watching it live was bad enough.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 18:14:19 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
I normally like a good argument over players performances but this thread can be easily sorted- every single one of our players was shit without exception.

That's crap; Ifil had a good game as did Phil Smith. Thought Aljofree looked good too.

There was too much long ball; Yeovil were clearing everything so why we continued playing like that god only knows.
DMR

« Reply #127 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:51:38 »

I'm not sure about Aljofree- gernerally he is very sound indeed but already 3 times this year (Northampton, Luton and Yeovil) we've conceded headed goals where he lost his man. Williams didn't do that.
lebowski

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 18:59:29 »

personally i think brez would have got to at least 2 of those 3 headed goals that came from out wide.

smith hasn't kept a clean sheet in 5 games, is it time to let the other guy have a go?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 19:34:54 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
personally i think brez would have got to at least 2 of those 3 headed goals that came from out wide.

smith hasn't kept a clean sheet in 5 games, is it time to let the other guy have a go?

Bang on.
flammableBen

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 19:43:51 »

I disagree. I've always wanted town to be one of those all out attack, score so many that it doesn't matter how many you concede sort of teams. I don't think we should bother with a traditional keeper at all. More a sort of Keeper/Sweeper or something.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 19:45:42 »

'Rush keeper'. Ace idea!  Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 19:52:07 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

i completly agree, watch Smith when he catches anything in the air, his arms are never above his head!! I feel much more confident with Brezovan in goal, not that i don't like Smith, he did fantastically last season, but we would conceed goals less from corners if Brezovan was in goal.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 20:07:37 »

Agreed, Smith is a good goalkeeper, but you don't get the same feeling as you do when Petr's in between the sticks.

He comes for crosses for one, Smith doesn't.  Look at mildenhall sprinting off his line onSunday to collect a dangerous looking ball, and relieve pressure from the defence.  Smith doesn't do that.

Brezovan is a better keeper.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 20:11:29 »

I sort of agree with Ben. We need to be more ambitious. We shouldn't be blaming the defence or goalkeeper for those matches. All of those teams were nothing special going forward (and sometimes defensively). We should be looking to have a go up front more and taking the game to them. When we do that we need to put away the chances.

Unfortunately against teams we've not been particularly special up front either and so we've missed plenty of opportunities to grab a win, let alone a draw in the case of the last game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: