Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't this be nice in a few weeks time....  (Read 3018 times)
returnofthereds

« on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 17:51:50 »

Brezovan
  Smith         Ifil              Aljofree               Vincent
 Roberts       Peacock       Easton              Holmes
                     Corr             Easter
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 18:16:27 »

would be better if Zaaboub was at left back instead of Vincent

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 18:41:55 »

And why Brez instead of Smith, Smith has done fuck all wrong and deserves the Number 1 shirt

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 18:43:47 »

....it would be better with big Phil in goal.
returnofthereds

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 20:03:42 »

I would just rather see Brez in goal. Much more commanding in his area, collecting crosses and stuff. Both excellent shot stoppers though.Thats it really, although having kept his place after an excellent game against the cobblers, he did have that Lehman moment on Saturday that just looped over.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 20:10:04 »

When has Phil Smith dropped a cross....and since when does he not command his area?!

We all only saw Brez play a couple of games, there was no guarntee he could keep that form up over the whole season.

Now everyone wants to tell me how brilliant he is after watching him for about 10 games. Yet no one wants to give Phil Smith any credit.....despite playing just as well and over a longer period of games.

Plus, Brez was hardly excellent against Charlton. One good set of saves but still dropped the odd cross.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 20:14:31 »

Smith is #1 on merit. He was outstanding last season and hardly put a foot wrong.

But I personally think Brez has the greater potential to go further based on what I have seen. We'll see.
returnofthereds

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 20:24:37 »

Without getting too tit-for-tat. I was referring to the free kick that Smith let slip through his fingers.Not that he should be dropped for it. Just watch though in the next few games how the defenders have to deal with balls that are pumped into the box rather than Smith coming out to get them. At the start of last season whenever this happened the defence could turn away knowing that balls over head height would be taken by Brez. But as you rightly said it was only 10 or so games. But it could've continued all season though,sadly we'll never know for sure.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 20:40:02 »

I think you're being a little harsh on Brezovan DV, the bloke has just come back from a serious injury and you're not happy because he dropped a cross?

You're telling me that Smith didn't have a couple of dodgy performances towards the end of last season??

This time last year Brezovan was king of the town, now because Smith has filled his boots we're all ready to forget about Petr and send him packing?

I for one believe Brezovan is a far superior keeper to Smith, if we let him go that will be our loss.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 20:48:01 »

Quote from: "returnofthereds"
Without getting too tit-for-tat. I was referring to the free kick that Smith let slip through his fingers.

I'd put that down, just as much if not more so down to the pooring rain and wet ball. More so than a Smith error.

Quote from: "janaage"
I think you're being a little harsh on Brezovan DV, the bloke has just come back from a serious injury and you're not happy because he dropped a cross?

No I never said that, everyone keeps talking up how much better Brezovan is at claiming crosses than Smith. They way some people go on you'd think Smith drops them all the time and Brez holds them all.

You're telling me that Smith didn't have a couple of dodgy performances towards the end of last season??

Yes, nothing that sticks out in my mind....

This time last year Brezovan was king of the town, now because Smith has filled his boots we're all ready to forget about Petr and send him packing?

No, not at all....but because Smith has come in and managed to fill Brezovans boots we should give him credit for that. Currently he's keeping Brez out the side and rightfully so

I for one believe Brezovan is a far superior keeper to Smith, if we let him go that will be our loss.

Maybe he is....but Smith has done nothing to suggest he isnt more than good enough to be our number 1.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 21:12:28 »

Based on what I've seen of them Brezovan is the better keeper.  As a forward I would not like to face him.

That's utterly different to saying Smith isn't getting recognition.  Based on his performances there is no way Smith should or would be dropped.

If they were both playing regularly I think Brezovan just has that bit more about him, a real presence, which Smith can't compete on.  We are lucky to have to excellent keepers who are easily good enough to be in a top 6 team in this league.  Thank you Mr Wise.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 21:18:38 »

And another thing, can the person who said replace Vincent with Zaboub please explain?

Vincent has been fantastic for this club since Christmas and should not be in danger of being dropped.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 21:25:17 »

My question is would Lee Holmes be just as good the second time around. We would all expect too much....Zaboub is a great player on his day.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 21:26:46 »

Well said Jan!

If Zaaboub is in the team, it must be on the wing. Vincent has done nothing wrong
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 21:32:33 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
My question is would Lee Holmes be just as good the second time around. We would all expect too much....Zaboub is a great player on his day.

It's a shame that Zaboub's day appears to have been a cold Saturday, early December 2006, in Walsall.

He really hasn't done much else.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: