Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Board Revealed  (Read 14965 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 20:56:41 »

If Arkaga Removals (We take care of the little things so you don't need to worry about the big things) are transitionally fund managing on appointment by Best Heists (Holdings or hold-ups, they're all the same ennit) who are the alter egos of a well known former gang of surfers (aka people who skim about on boards) combined with Portuguese cork manufacturers (bung experts) then don't be surprised if it is only the upholstery that changes and not the arseholes on it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:13:31 »

You've tried to be clever there...and failed.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:33:17 »

Sad  I'm in transition too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:33:50 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
You've tried to be clever there...and failed.

Think its a worthy draft, but needs a bit of tidying up....some good ideas though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:36:36 »

ennit
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:40:04 »

Thanks for looking beyond the clumsy attempt at satire. :scribe:
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 10:21:54 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Apologies for the Babel Fish translation of this Portuguese article in Diario de Noticias Shocked

The English adepts already had been become accustomed to see Russians, Icelandic, Americans, Israelis and until Egyptians and tailandeses in the presidential armchairs of its stadiums. Now they will have to become accustomed themselves, perhaps, to the presence of Portuguese in the administration of one of the clubs oldest of the country. In the morning of Wednesday, the Swindon Town FC emitted a brief official notice, of two paragraphs, confirming that the club had been vendido to Best Holdings SGPS, SA, a society of predominantly Portuguese investment. The notice, however, was received with immense diffidence on the part from the press and the local adepts had to the secretismo that has involved the "mysterious Portuguese". The Swindon, that in 1993/94 passed esporadicamente for the Premiership, disputes the League One, the third step of the English soccer currently. Established in 1879, the Swindon crossed some periods of financial difficulties, including two processes of bankruptcy and others two of tax foreclosure for debts. Sir Seton Wills, proprietor of the club in last the 16 years, embedded part of the personal richness in the Swindon Town FC, but in the last times it seems to have lost the patience and the enchantment for the club of this city the 130 quilómetros of London. In the scope of the last process of bankruptcy, initiate in 2002, the Swindon committed itself to pay a million to it of pounds (1,49 million euros) to the diverse creditors in the stated period five year. The club continues to have it 900 a thousand pounds (1,34 M€) In the passed year, a trust of adepts of the Swindon tried to buy, without success, the club. The proposal of takeover now presented for the Best Holdings, for the visas, had luck better. The club, however, did not advance any details on the business, promising to clarify the adepts during the next week. "Inside of days they will know more things", explained the lawyer of the club, Trevor Watkins, of the society Clarke Willmott, specialized in takeovers of soccer clubs. "This is plus an example of a British club that is to attract foreign money. Each time has more clubs, of all the divisions, to awake it covets it of foreign investors ", added. In fóruns of quarrel on to the club, however, the adepts have revealed its desperation before the information lack on the new owners. The local press advanced that the "trust of investors, maioritariamente Portuguese", bought the Swindon for 10 million (14,9 million euros) - a notice that nobody confirms. The Best Holdings, by the way, does not consist of the registers in Portugal. An administrator of the club explained solely that the new investors have "experience of management of clubs in Portugal" - an affirmation that soon gave origin to a series of rumors, in this city of 180 a thousand inhabitants, on the eventual entrance of the Benfica in the capital of the English club. The presence of some players represented for Castro Brothers, on the other hand, launched a speculation wave on the envolvement of this company of Portuguese agents Dionísio and Sundays I castrate. Here, at least, it seems to have some truth: "I do not go to it to hide that we are involved [ in the operation of takeover ] in the Swindon. But for already I cannot say more nothing ", explained an enigmatic Dionísio Castro to the DN sport in the afternoon of ontem.

http://dn.sapo.pt/2007/08/18/dnsport/o_misterioso_takeover_fala_portugues.html

Interesting that that is posted on the portuguese equivilent of BTinternet.com. Emailed it to my mother who lives near Lisbon to see if she can shed any light on the matter

According to my mother, it says something about an announcement on Thursday. What the fuck?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 10:27:24 »

"In the morning of Wednesday, the Swindon Town FC emit.."

makes me think that this was written the week the takeover was announced and that the "Thursday" briefing was that of Jim Little.

Interesting if unsuprising that the piece seems to say the Castro Bros are directly involved, missed this when TalkTalk posted it originally.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 15:08:21 »

Basically  they are so desperate for the truth not to come out they have resorted to this- a total makeover- really think we are that stupid Mikey?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 15:25:45 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Basically  they are so desperate for the truth not to come out they have resorted to this- a total makeover- really think we are that stupid Mikey?

I have to say Diamond Mike has risen in my estimation...he understands the basic principle of capitialism, namely  “No one ever got rich overestimating the intelligence of the American public""
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: