Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Swindon - Would you welcome it?  (Read 5430 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:15:38 »

they state in their article that 'The club has previously said a new consortium of investors would include long-time owner the Wills family, their advisor and club general manager Mike Diamandis, and a new investor '.

Read the first few words of that - 'The club has previously said...

tells me that there is nothing new to report other than the company name that was released lst night.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:20:13 »

The BBC  was incorrect then in that SSW is not on the current board. He's left that to the Horray Henry part of the Family. They may hopefully be wrong on the rest too

From the Dark Side
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:22:40 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
 Is my response.

You wont be laughing when you dont have a football club to support ...

Oh FFS, you are getting so carried away its gone past being funny, just pathetic now.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:24:38 »

AFC FATTERS

Attendance 1

Ofcourse we would have a team, if not STFC we have Supermarine who are only 2 promotions off the Conference... Jesus.

ALSO does anyone else find it mildly amusing how wound up Fatters is getting about this? Soapy Tit Wank
lambourn red

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:28:03 »

The BBC are the worst source for anything to do with football in the lower leagues, all they do is just trawl through old articles from every where else. This is just the statement that was made 6 weeks ago brought up again. All the recent stuff has suggested a Takeover as opposed to an investment.

And AFC Swindon is not a good idea, it has not taken off at FC United and they have got millions of fans, if the worst comes to the worst I will go and watch Lambourn in the North Berks thanks.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:29:04 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
AFC FATTERS

Attendance 1

Ofcourse we would have a team, if not STFC we have Supermarine who are only 2 promotions off the Conference... Jesus.

ALSO does anyone else find it mildly amusing how wound up Fatters is getting about this? Soapy Tit Wank
I find it more than mildly amusing!!!

However. Im still sceptical as to what has taken place overnight will mean to our club.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
fatbury

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:32:36 »

basically im just worried .. so many false dawns .. I find it hard to accept this could be the answer to our prayers ..
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:35:53 »

im worried too fatters, but you are going ott with worry!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:36:20 »

basically im just worried .. so many false dawns .. I find it hard to accept this could be the answer to our prayers ..

Well fuck off and worry somewhere else. We've still got no hard facts, so everybody should stop fucking speculating.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:37:30 »

He like some hysterical 13 year old girl whos favorite boy band has just split up
fatbury

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:39:13 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
He like some hysterical 13 year old girl whos favorite boy band has just split up

God I remember it well .. thank god Take That got back together  Smiley
lambourn red

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:45:10 »

It might be refreshing to actually look at the positives than continually spouting negativity.

1. Complete new board with a sporting background
2. the next Kaka or Ronaldinho being unearthed and starting their career at STFC
3. Significant funds for the manager to push on to the championship and then the promised land
4. A new stadium within the Borough whether that be on the CG or somewhere else

Now I know I will get slated and people will point out reasons for none of these happening but at the moment they have as much chance of happening as all the negative points that have been put forward and that is because it is
all SPECULATION.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:48:01 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:48:06 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Well fuck off and worry somewhere else. We've still got no hard facts, so everybody should stop fucking speculating.

Unfortunately the absence of facts, is bound to lead to speculation,  its entirely possible that this may turn out to be a pivital moment in our history, (for the better)......but sure doesn't feel like it to me.

When SSW opened up the door to the Brady bunch for STFC to be their plaything, he did so on a basis of waiting and seeing,  and when it went pear shaped, for better or worse, stepped back in.

This may be a similar arrangement....the Portugeezers take a chunk and presumably deal with the playing side, Diamond Mike , deals with the ground.

I can't help feeling if it was *good news week, there would be more of a fanfare.

* Hedgehoppers Anonymous.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:51:58 »

pivotal reg, beers got to your head?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: