Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next season  (Read 3107 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 16:31:22 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Don't disagree.  I did say based on what we currently have.

Strikers make a huge difference though.  A good defence stops you getting beat, a good attack wins you games (more often than not).

Stick Fallon and Cureton (even the not trying very hard one) upfront with out current 1-9, add in Corr and I'd say mid table comfortably.  That's how much difference I think it can make.  We'd have been a laughing stock in 2005/06 if Fallon hadn't suddenly discovered he could play football.  As it was we were mostly soft.

the strikers were not the problem that season it was the woefull midfield plus the long ball tactics to a midget because the inexperienced defence was being over run.

Adams/Easton/Peacock/Zabooub/Roberts is a better midfield than Pook/Migz/Shakes/Brown. Strikers are only as good as the service they get and I am pretty sure that Barry Corr plus either of the other 2 strikers would score goals as long they were getting decent  
service.

I think Sturrocks main strategy is to make us difficult to beat and hope that confidence builds and then the goals will come.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 16:32:16 »

The trouble with the 05/06 team wasnt lack of quality in my opinion, it was lack of fitness, organisation and desire. OK there are some shit players in that side (Yes you Shakes) but a fit and motivated Fallon and Cureton strikeforce should basically have kept us in mid table even ignoring the obvious lack of depth and weakness in some positions.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 16:33:44 »

Anyone would think the season starts tomorrow! I was worried with the lack of strike power but not our ability to avoid a relegation battle.

Keepers - sorted
Defenders - sorted
Midfielders - more or less sorted
Strikers - one more addition.

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOMED
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 18:23:02 »

you're all wrong.
fatbury

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 20:30:52 »

bit disappointed with the Kaid signing but I guess hes backup .. but we still need a top striker from somewhere .. maybe 2?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: