Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mascots race today!  (Read 1426 times)
magic8ball

« on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 11:29:21 »

Just saw on SSN that the mascots race is on today. Didn't mention Rockin' Robin, but I'd imagine he's there.

Just thought I'd wish him good luck.
Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 13:01:09 »

Does anyone remember up at Stoke on the last day of the 2000-01 season when the Stoke mascot and Rockin' (or was it Funky Fledgling?!) had a race from one end of the pitch to the other?

The Swindon mascot won and the away contingent celebrated as if the FA Cup had just been won.

I think we got stuffed that day as well.

Roland The Thompson Gunner
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 13:02:41 »

We did get stuffed that day, Adrian Bakali was fucking ace.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 13:05:00 »

Quote from: "Minnesota Fats"
Does anyone remember up at Stoke on the last day of the 2000-01 season when the Stoke mascot and Rockin' (or was it Funky Fledgling?!) had a race from one end of the pitch to the other?

The Swindon mascot won and the away contingent celebrated as if the FA Cup had just been won.

The game where van der Linden walked out on STFC. We were 3 or 4 goals down at half-time - well worth the trip  Cheesy
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 13:33:32 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"

The game where van der Linden walked out on STFC. We were 3 or 4 goals down at half-time - well worth the trip  Cheesy
i was fucked off my face that day . did stoke score in the first minuite or something
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 13:52:55 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Rich Pullen"

i was fucked off my face that day . did stoke score in the first minuite or something

Yep, with first move more or less. I got there late, just sat down, and they put the ball into the net. Oh well, we'd stayed up by beating Posh the weekend before so it was still a good day!!!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 14:27:53 »

I drove down with 3 mates to Stoke that day. 4-0 down at half time and responded with an O'Halloran penalty in the second half.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 21:23:57 »

Awesome Day though, the result was irrelevant! took about 3000 up there IIRC and drunk them dry by 14.30!
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 16, 2007, 08:21:38 »

O'Halloran own goal after 22 secs or something, huge following too.  Really good day out safe in the knowledge we were OK after Rovers royally ballsed up.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 16, 2007, 08:22:26 »

got his match shirt from the dugout that game Cool also where we saw andy king take him to oneside in front of all the fans before they got on the team coach
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 16, 2007, 08:30:44 »

And the bastards didn't come out on the pitch afterwards despite staying up.

Still after a performance like that I would have stayed hidden in the changing rooms.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 16, 2007, 08:53:07 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
O'Halloran own goal after 22 secs or something, huge following too.  Really good day out safe in the knowledge we were OK after Rovers royally ballsed up.

also he scored a penalty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: