Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aljofree set to sign ?  (Read 6257 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 19:42:03 »

Quote from: "DV85"
I think the story is false, mainly because it says 3 years....we dont generally do 3 year deals.
Maybe these so called new investors are forking out
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 20:25:26 »

My boss (Plymouth season ticket holder) thinks he's really good will "be angry if there's no fee"!

3-year deal eh? I heard he's going to talk to Bournemouth the weekend after he's signs.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 22:37:36 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
My boss (Plymouth season ticket holder) thinks he's really good will "be angry if there's no fee"!

3-year deal eh? I heard he's going to talk to Bournemouth the weekend after he's signs.

Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 08:05:50 »

According to the WDP he's signing for £50k

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 08:41:35 »

which beggers belief if true.  I would imagine Clr Martin might intercept the bank transfer.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 08:44:28 »

£50,000 to be unveiled later according to the adver.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 09:05:40 »

I can't work this club out. I really can't.

Good signing going on reports, well done PS.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 11:56:50 »

Will this not just up the chances of the league throwing the bok at us if it all goes Tit's up, as I assume that if we don't pay the CVA and it goes to court we will have been trading whilst insolvent or something.

I wonder who the players registrations all belong to, we will probably find that the plays and the lease have now been transferred to D460 Ltd or whatever Dunwoody is now called?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 12:53:08 »

Blimney we seem to be a resting place for players that have previously played under Luggy....are we opening a care home  Tongue  Tongue
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 12:56:49 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Blimney we seem to be a resting place for players that have previously played under Luggy....are we opening a care home  Tongue  Tongue

Soapy Tit Wank I don't think they're quite all past it. I guess Luggy knows their abilities and their willingness to play to his style and instructions. Not a bad plan if you think about it.
sonic youth

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 13:00:17 »

why the fuck can we pay £50k for a fucking left-back when the future of the club hangs in the balance?

sheer insanity
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 13:02:50 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
why the fuck can we pay £50k for a fucking left-back when the future of the club hangs in the balance?

sheer insanity

Could be a deffered payment deal Sonique
sonic youth

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 13:04:33 »

i don't give a fuck if it's deferred, split, paid in instalments, buy now pay later, buy one get one free.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 15:06:05 »

Let's see, when Trollope was manager in the old Div. III, the club slashed the playing budget and we sank into the basement only for Ken Beamish to take the helm.  The then board said something in the Adver to the effect that even if they had a larger budget, the gates wouldn't improve.  The smaller budget meant relegation, smaller gates, financial ruin, and "Holiday Camp" graffiti at the CG.    

Years later, Andy King on a smaller budget than the rest of League I, bet the house on Cureton and Thorpe, and while for a time Iffy had them working their socks off, when contracts reared their ugly head the Town hit the iceberg, and sunk without a band playing.  According to Iffy, Brown was one of the better players, possibly true but so was the goalkeeper who couldn't kick.

Fifty thousand quid is only a few thousand on the gate, even after VAT.  If there are 4,000 faithful showing up to watch an Aaron Brown, then the finances are untenable, even in the event of the Sheik of Aribi funding the club.  To fill the ground, there has to be investment in quality, to provide excitement, ........cup runs, something to in the words of Macca, put bums on seats.  The only way Swindon will have a new ground is when the whole town jumps on the bandwagon of success, and that some politicians determine that in the interests of their slimy self-preservation that they strongly believe in it, and in their speeches always have done.  

Somebody should point out that a new ground with a class team will bring millions into the businesses in Swindon, rather than those in Reading, Southampton and London.  More taxes for the council, they would have to love that.

With Sturrock as manager, there is the opportunity to progress.  Cloughie re-signed his players, Shankley defined a Liverpool player.  There appears to be a Sturrock player, which doesn't include historically injury prone players like Monkhouse or Brown, or those that apparently don't follow instructions.

Finally, on this rant, the four clubs relegated to Div II last season, took the top four places.  That goes to show that there is a gulf between Div I and II, and if some "Steady Eddies" aren't signed, especially in defense, we will be up and down "quicker than a whore's drawers on Saturday night".
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 15:15:57 »

It's a done deal.

Now on the OS.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: