Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Hughes  (Read 4980 times)
TheKingCY

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 19:38:41 »

Its not his fault it was only 3yrs.  I can't see his lawyer asking the judge to put a couple of years on it...!!

Let him get on with it...

eality is just an illusion caused by lack of alcohol...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 06:50:12 »

I thought he was given 6 years to serve.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 20:30:52 »

Playing for Oldham IS a sentence albeit only one year

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Lumps

« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 08:15:31 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
if he was an accountant, he could go back to his occupation without any complaints - why is it different because his occupation is football? he'll only be paid what oldham want to pay him, i doubt he's in the position to demand huge wages.

he served his time, let him get on with it as ginginho says.

I think the point is that he'll be going back into the public eye.

If he was a singer, actor, or other high profile person, would he walk back into his profession?

All Leslie Grantham did was wank off in front of a PC monitor, and he was dropped by Eastenders!

This prick killed 2 people and ran away.

How do you think the relatives of those killed, or the poor bastard who ended up in a wheelchair will feel, seeing him on the telly, or the back pages?

Errrrr....that would be the same Leslie Grantham with a conviction for the murder of a German taxi driver over a decade before he ever appeared in Eastenders would it?

(Christ how unlikely is it that you'd inadvertently pick an example that entirely contradicts your arguement?)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 08:21:06 »

Lumps you sound like my old man.

When Dirty Den was on Eastenders my old man would refuse to watch it

"he's a good character" we'd say

"tell that to that german taxi drivers family"

He'd go on and on about it.

And Adje, I like the playing for Oldham sentence thought!!
Lumps

« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 08:33:00 »

Jan,

I was just trying to point out that Herthabs example was a little flawed as Dirty Den was allowed to have a career in the most watched programme on TV when he had a history involving a conviction for murder.

Personally I'm with Sonic et al on this one. The bloke was a twat and I can understand the friends and family of his victims being pissed off with the length of the sentence, but plenty of others (who weren't famous footballers ) have walked free from court having killed behind the wheel. He's done the time that he was sentenced to and all that he can do is to keep expressing his regret and get on with his life.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 09:44:31 »

what hughes did was wrong.but how many of us hand on heart have driven over the alcohol limit,under the influence of drugs or both ?
he didn't mean it to happen, but made a major mistake then panicked and has paid for his crime.he has to live with what he's done, and the law of the land has dealt with him.
football was his job, so fair play if he gets back to what he did previously.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 10:01:48 »

Quote from: "arriba"
what hughes did was wrong.but how many of us hand on heart have driven over the alcohol limit,under the influence of drugs or both ?
he didn't mean it to happen, but made a major mistake then panicked and has paid for his crime.he has to live with what he's done, and the law of the land has dealt with him.

Yeah, absolutely. It's easily done. Who hasn't got pissed up/charlied up, got in their car, crashed head on into some innocent bystander's car, killed or seriously injured the occupants and done a runner without giving a fuck as to whether they are alive or dead?

Personally, that is my idea of a gooooooood Friday night out.

I think Lee Hughes is great and he's not low life scum at all Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 10:05:59 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Yeah, absolutely. It's easily done. Who hasn't got pissed up/charlied up, got in their car, crashed head on into some innocent bystander's car, killed or seriously injured the occupants and done a runner without giving a fuck as to whether they are alive or dead?

The annoying thing about someone like Hughes is that on the wages he was on playing in the Prem, for Coventry from memory, he could have paid for a driver to ferry him about on his booze and drug binges.....

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 10:11:59 »

well, if you have never driven over the limit then i'd say you are in a minority.he made a mistake with the worst possible outcome.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 11:09:24 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
least of all as he's not exactly a role model for young pros,

actually, he's probably in more of a position to offer a cautionary tale of "don't do that, you might cause someone's death end up inside like i did" than before he was imprisoned, although that doesn't negate what he did.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 11:19:55 »

well, if you have never driven over the limit then i'd say you are in a minority.he made a mistake with the worst possible outcome.

He didnt make a mistake, He was pissed out of his head and knowingly got behind the wheel of a car. He is a grade A cunt for what he did and i hope he never has a good day in his life again.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 11:19:57 »

A bit over the limit!!!!!!!!

Made a mstake?Huh?Huh?

Have you actually read anything about this case??? You make it sound like he scraped some one's car in Tesco's car park!

FWIW, in my younger days, I have been 'a bit over the limit'. That's all it was though (no that does not make it alright I know) I was lucky not to get caught. If I had, then I would have had to have faced the conseqences.  

Similarly, it sure as hell does not excuse Lee Hughes' actions. It is not in the same ball park as what that tosser did. It is not even on the same planet!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3529270.stm

There you go. Have a read.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 12:15:56 »

i never said a bit over the limit. yes it was a mistake.and i have read and heard about the case when it was in the news.
i aint defending him or glossing over what he did at all.but the amount of alcohol he had that night isn't known for a fact.also we all know our inhabtions go out the window when we've had a few.so i'm guessing this is what happend that night.
also ost,how do you know that you hadn't had more on the occasion you drove than what hughes did?fact is you dont,and if you knowingly drove when over the limit then you are hypocritical to slate hughes like you have.i dont think anyone  could say what we'd do if we were in the situation he got himself into.we can only imagine what was going through his mind when he realised the carnage he had caused.

he was completly stupid,panicked and was rightly put in prison.i think the guilt will never leave him,and he will carry the burden of what he did for the rest of his life. he's served the time sentenced to him by the courts so that is the way it is.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 24, 2007, 12:36:31 »

you are hypocritical to slate hughes like you have.

No I'm not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: