Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wrexham - official matchday thread  (Read 9507 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:18:36 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "mrs_spacey"
king outers out!

aaaahaahaaaahaaaaa

We were still 2-0 down to a team in the bottom half.  We're still a long way off playoffs.  We're still inconsistent.  We still lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth and Colchester.

Don't mean to be pessimistic on a day like today, but we're a long way from where we should be.

So just because Wrexham are in the bottom half they have no right to go 2-0 up??? They scored SIX at Hartlepool FFS!

NO, we're NOT a long way from the play offs (There's no room for error though, granted)

Yes, we are inconsistent.  Luton and Hull are the only teams in this league who are not.  That's why they are top.

Yes, we lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth and Col U.  So?Huh??

Get a life Walrus you manic depressive :evil:
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:32:44 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Yes, we are inconsistent.  Luton and Hull are the only teams in this league who are not.  That's why they are top.

Spot on that. We're only as inconsistant as most teams.

Bournemouth beat us 3-0 away then lose 4-0 today, Spurs lost 6 in a row earlier this season and then won their very next 5 etc.

There are very few consistent teams but football wouldn't be half as interesting if it was predictable.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:42:22 »

Just got back..in my opinion Howard really helped the midfield he was running foward not backwards like Igoe and looked really confident running into the box. He should start against Franchise as should Book he's much more vocal than Evans and his kick is much better..got my ticket for next Friday..come one Swindon!!!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:47:42 »

Is it all ticket v MKD or can we pay on the day?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:58:10 »

You can pay on the gate adje.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:59:21 »

Cheers Sonic-Im definitely going-closer than Swindon for me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DMR

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 18:34:26 »

I think we can sell that out, only 1000 allocation.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 19:18:56 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I'm still ill so I'm missing what could be one of the best games of the season Hmmm...

anyone confident?

You did. Do you wish you came now?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:50:21 »

KING OUT For fuck's sake.

2-0 to a relegation threatened side.  I know they've got Ugarte, but one player doesn't make a team, and we should be able to defend against this.  Bye playoffs, bye respectability, bye Sam Parkin and any promising players we've got - and it's only fucking 3.30pm.

Can i just say you are the most depressing swindon fan i've ever listened to.

Yes we were losing 2-0 to wrexham who would be a mid table side if it wasn't for the -10 points, you should remember that and also the fact they have scored 5 and 6 in previous matches. they are a high scoring team nuff said.

If you had actually bothered to turn up today you would have probably been singing king out after 30 mins....when will you learn, hes done a fantastic job for us and he will have to do it again next year with a completly new squad next season

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 02:19:12 »

Quote from: "Whits"
KING OUT For fuck's sake.

2-0 to a relegation threatened side.  I know they've got Ugarte, but one player doesn't make a team, and we should be able to defend against this.  Bye playoffs, bye respectability, bye Sam Parkin and any promising players we've got - and it's only fucking 3.30pm.

Can i just say you are the most depressing swindon fan i've ever listened to.

Yes we were losing 2-0 to wrexham who would be a mid table side if it wasn't for the -10 points, you should remember that and also the fact they have scored 5 and 6 in previous matches. they are a high scoring team nuff said.

If you had actually bothered to turn up today you would have probably been singing king out after 30 mins....when will you learn, hes done a fantastic job for us and he will have to do it again next year with a completly new squad next season

I'd just like to agree with Whits..
I've found it as tough as anyone coming to terms with the possibility of not reaching the play-offs this season (although I'm far from resigning myself to another season in League 1), especially following the expectation generated by last season.

I look at the 4-2 today as a spirited comeback against a side in reasonably good form who are fighting to overcome the injustice I'm sure they feel they've suffered.

If we had gone 4-0 up and then conceded two late ones I bet it would have been put down to loss of concentration against a side in goal scoring form rather than anything else. I admit it was hard to stomach at the time but is that not alleviated totally by the final result?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:02:24 »

When some people surgically remove their cock from King's arse they might see what I'm say - yeh today great result, am very pleased - well done Swindon.  But people are treating it like we've turned a corner, but looking at the league table, and seeing Bristol batter Torquay 4-1, is just bloody depressing.  That is all I'm saying, yet immediately people leap to King's defence....  did I touch a nerve?!  Cool
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:29:45 »

Okay City battered Torquay 4-1. So what?! Did they batter Sheffield Wednesday?(although it was a cup game) Hull? Brentford? Hartlepool? Stockport?!

All teams have had good results and a few bad ones. If people looked outside of Swindon then they might realise that everybody (bar Luton and Hull) have had a few strange results.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:35:28 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Okay City battered Torquay 4-1. So what?! Did they batter Sheffield Wednesday?(although it was a cup game) Hull? Brentford? Hartlepool? Stockport?!

All teams have had good results and a few bad ones. If people looked outside of Swindon then they might realise that everybody (bar Luton and Hull) have had a few strange results.

Hell even Port Vale and Luton have had dodgy results, but at this stage we are directly competing with City etc. for playoffs.  I meant that it was frustrating to see them win and win easily, as we're chasing them.  They do play Bournemouth in a couple of weeks, so that game will be vital for Swindon.  Not really sure what result we need, but a win or a Bristol victory would probably be favourable!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:38:03 »

Bournemoth are away at Blackpool on Tuesday, and Blackpool are on a fairly good run. Hopefully they can pull another performance out of the bag.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:59:37 »

Bristol City's wage budget dwarfs ours, they've also spent more than us and their youth budget alone is similar to our wage budget, yet we are on the same number of points. If we've underachieved this season, there season has been disastrous.

I think we turned a corner in december. Since then our record has been P 16 W 8 D 3 L 5  27 points from 16 games is a decent return and easily playoff form.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: