Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ed hadwins post from other thread  (Read 1641 times)
red macca

« on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 11:30:00 »

15 pages on the other thread so thought i would put it on here for people who cant be assed to go through 15 pages

Sorry for the delay in getting back on here.

Batch, good to hear from you again, I'd like to say you'd be welcome to come and join us in the commentary box again next season but, oh well......

As for the questions:

1. Will the BBC have the same access to players/management/directors that they have always had, or will you now be stonewalled a bit.

- Huh?? Since a brief phone call a couple of minutes before the news was put on the club website, which was the first we knew of what was happening, we haven't heard from Martyn Starnes. I'd hope it won't make any difference, but we just don't know yet. I have been ringing him for the last week or so about other issues without reply yet, so that's not a great start.

2. Will the Friday phone in/after match phone in be ongoing?

Don't know yet. We were already planning to look at everything we do over the summer, so it's possible the Friday programme may change. Whatever we decide to do, we're committed to getting fans on air to express their opinions though. We're planning to do just as much as ever (assuming we're allowed) in the build up and post game, as well as reporting all the on and off field news from the County Ground throughout the week.

3. Will you be able to at least broadcast some live 'updates' from the ground? And are you going to?

From memory, stations are allowed to do 4 x 30 second updates each half of a game. Beyond that it's probably going to take us a couple of weeks to figure out what we're going to do during the match.

Hope it doesn't affect yours and Shauns ongoing contract with the BBC too much.

- I don't think either of us is planning on going anywhere else just yet!

Hope that helps. I'm going to try to keep a closer eye on the boards throughout the summer, so if there's anything you want to ask - stick it on here, or PM me and I'll answer anything I can.

Cheers.

Ed.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 11:34:32 »

Like i said on the other thread, Starnes not returning the phone calls says it all about this board.

Match days will never be the same again without Shaun and Ed.

Phil King also speaks well and tells it how it is.
jonbd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 11:45:12 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Like i said on the other thread, Starnes not returning the phone calls says it all about this board.

Agreed, it's the end of an era! Something i've come to rely on and take for granted, now the board have fucked it up like everything else at the club
McLovin

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 13:30:31 »

I used to always rely on Ed to tell me about the various hairstyles on show and nothing at all about the passage of play that was progressing at the time... sigh. How i'll miss those days. Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 13:40:23 »

And Jack Smith's blue boots..
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 14:28:29 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I used to always rely on Ed to tell me about the various hairstyles on show and nothing at all about the passage of play that was progressing at the time... sigh. How i'll miss those days. Cheesy

If you cant follow the hair fashions from 200 miles away, theres not much point in being a football fan is there?
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:36:57 »

I also worry that i wont know which players are wearing gloves
neville w

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:49:55 »

Quote from: "manc red"
I also worry that i wont know which players are wearing gloves

Zaaboub will be, and possibly Peacock
kevjoycreed

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 05:43:31 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"

I love it when we get a penalty or score a goal and Phill can be heard screaming in the background. Quality  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: