Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bowden featuring in Rikki Hunt's Promo video  (Read 2178 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 09:35:42 »

kind of, although my views on the project at Lydiard would be that they may as well have made it vanish.  As far as I can tell, it funded putting a pond back in and adding a vegetable garden or something like that.  His other half is the Project Manager and he got NPower to sponsor a bit of the funding I think.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:38:12 »

They've done a lot of other stuff at Lydiard as well, although I haven't been up there recently myself so can't really comment
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:42:39 »

I know, not that you can nec see £5m worth of value IMHO.  However, I'm still not sure it was the best use of public money anyway, if it's Tourists you want to get then I think a bit more imagination needed to be shown as there are plenty of stately homes in the Uk to visit, many much better days out.

If they had created an outside theatre and music venue to host very large concerts and gigs then fair enough, but a veggie patch!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:48:30 »

Problem is that projects seem to be overpriced these days. Look at Wembley, as good as it is, I wouldn't say that will ever represent value for money.

Tbh I'm all for a bit of investment in projects like Lydiard. Stops them from becoming like Coate Water and possibly defunct.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:47:36 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
That was his sons website BTW, as much as like to knock Rikki.

I wasn't trying to knock him, just taking the mick, but the only reason it cropped up in this thread is he's listed as that being his company/org in the meeting minutes delta posted. Maybe he wasn't actively engaged in anything at the time and thought putting his son's company down would look better than (Unemployed)  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:59:41 »

mr hunt is punching above his weight with his mrs.she dont just him for the money does she?mmmmmm
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 12:11:22 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "RobertT"
That was his sons website BTW, as much as like to knock Rikki.

I wasn't trying to knock him, just taking the mick, but the only reason it cropped up in this thread is he's listed as that being his company/org in the meeting minutes delta posted. Maybe he wasn't actively engaged in anything at the time and thought putting his son's company down would look better than (Unemployed)  Cheesy

I just remembered it getting several seperate articles in the Adver at the time it launched, declaring how it would seek to take on e-bay and how he was following in his fathers footsteps.
deltaincline

« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 22:12:29 »

Quote from: "arriba"
mr hunt is punching above his weight with his mrs.she dont just him for the money does she?mmmmmm

As Mrs Merton would say; Now, Laura, what first attracted you to millionaire Rikki Hunt  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: