Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TMS 50 year anniversary...  (Read 2720 times)
sonic youth

« on: Saturday, May 19, 2007, 22:13:53 »

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wisdencricketer/content/current/story/294457.html

I hope the Beeb don't fuck up the format too much, despite some of it's drawbacks TMS is not only invaluable but highly entertaining. It kept me company through late night's during the winter and it made the World Cup bearable.

I don't mind Sky's commentary much but TMS is in a class of it's own - am I alone here? I imagine Reg as a keen listener...
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 19, 2007, 22:23:42 »

Blowers and Aggers are ace, i grew up listening to those old duffers Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 09:21:54 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wisdencricketer/content/current/story/294457.html

I hope the Beeb don't fuck up the format too much, despite some of it's drawbacks TMS is not only invaluable but highly entertaining. It kept me company through late night's during the winter and it made the World Cup bearable.

I don't mind Sky's commentary much but TMS is in a class of it's own - am I alone here? I imagine Reg as a keen listener...

Damn right.....although I'll always watch the box, if I'm in front of one, TMS comes into its own, filling the gaps, when driving walking or camping etc.

Listening to overseas series, at some god forsaken hour of the morning, on some crap shift, also a particular joy.
Sussex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 09:24:38 »

Reg. Check your pm's, ta.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 07:42:54 »

TMS is great Cool Cricket wouldn't be the same without it and its especially important at the moment with no cricket on terrestrial TV Sad

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 07:46:47 »

Sonic .. Id have to AGREE with you on this one .. Sky Sports commentary is a total turn off .. very very dull ...

TMS is ace - I love the way the cricket can be just an aside at times ... keeps you entertained .. Good ol Blowers!!
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:48:50 »

Quote from: "larwood"
TMS is great Cool Cricket wouldn't be the same without it and its especially important at the moment with no cricket on terrestrial TV Sad

Get Sky larwood.

TMS got me through the Ashes series, Boycott was ace during that series.
sonic youth

« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:52:17 »

Boycott fucked me right off during the Ashes, he seemd more excited at our inept performances than anything else. Miserable cunt.

TMS is currently distracting me from working...
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:59:54 »

Boycott fucked me right off during the Ashes, he seemd more excited at our inept performances than anything else. Miserable cunt.

Thats what made him ace, you could hardly blame him we were fucking awful.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 13:14:48 »

During the rain break Aggers, CMJ and Blowers were all talking about how they started and there funny moment while comentating.
sonic youth

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 13:23:52 »

I know Scot. I was listening to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: