Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Previous players thoughts  (Read 3709 times)
Spud

« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 4, 2007, 05:04:12 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
give him time Spuddy ... didnt you play against him when at Liden (tho he used to play up front a lot on Saturday footy)

Yes i did, on many occasions.

He was always in goal whenever we played West Swindon, they were always scared of us.  Cool
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 4, 2007, 10:54:20 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "arriba"
the difference between local footy and cofe-academy is massive.
players that look amazing at local level mostly look like fish out of water when trialed at pro clubs.
having said that evans must have been awesome as a kid to play at the level he did

I did a good few years managing/coaching etc....in local league youth  football.   Came across the likes of Holgate, Zebroski, David Stroud,  Chris Taylor and Leigh Henry, there may be more.

Have to say that none of them struck me as being all that, as kids, and none of them have made it much further than Marine.....in fact Zebroski not even that high being at O*frod.

Of the bunch Stroud impressed me the most, simply because he was comfortable with the ball.

your eldest was the main man as a kid i seem to remember. you're right about stroud, only because he was about 3 times faster than anyone else.

officially blacker than the night.
fatbury

« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 4, 2007, 10:57:59 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "fatbury"
give him time Spuddy ... didnt you play against him when at Liden (tho he used to play up front a lot on Saturday footy)

Yes i did, on many occasions.

He was always in goal whenever we played West Swindon, they were always scared of us.  Cool

Yep thats true .. Liden were the only side who used to beat that Westside team - Those matches were good entertainment actually
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 4, 2007, 11:05:14 »

Liden were shit in my age group. The mighty Eldene FC always used to beat them.

Always shit on the Liden side of the bridge!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 4, 2007, 11:10:00 »

i used to play for hungerford up to U15s, we won everything for 2 years and then started losing by embarrassing scorlines like 10-0. i still have a box full of cheap plastic trophies emblazoned with impressive statements like 'Burbage Minor League Winners 1991'!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: