Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: An increase in price and where were the police?  (Read 6007 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 13:31:25 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Have you ever been stopped at a footy match? Football fans are treated like scum (ok saturday they were) but if you argue or get a bit cocky you wouldnt stand a chance

I have yes on a number of occasions which is why I know the section 60 law inside out, it's one example of why if you give Police too much power they abuse it - you're right we are treated like scum. Unfortunately I often have a couple of beers before a match so theres always the old 'he was drinking your honour'.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 13:34:03 »

Doesn't matter if you've been drinking or not either Fleming, I was accused of having alcohol on my breath at Hereford as well - I don't even fucking drink.

I'm not bitter about it, honest
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 13:35:53 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
All of us on the minibuses to Hereford were S60'd as we got off the minibus which seemed pretty absurd.

Interesting that you can refuse to give them your details, when I stalled over giving my details after I got turfed out at Hereford I was threatened with arrest.

Nice.

Yep they were tossers to us that day as well. They didnt take my details when i got off the bus, just searched me. But they wouldnt let me and Spud go to a pub when we asked where the oxford pub was. They said you are going straight to the ground. We asked why? as there was ages till kick off and we wanted a pint. He said how do u expect us to treat people like you lot? having a go at us for singing swindon songs and being in good spirits. We walked to the ground then just walked back past the police 2 mins later and went to the pub anyway though.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 13:41:04 »

Wasnt a dig at you fleming just I wouldnt try and resist giving details.  As others have said its easier to just give your name

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 13:46:22 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Wasnt a dig at you fleming just I wouldnt try and resist giving details.  As others have said its easier to just give your name

No worries I know  Cheesy just civil liberties is one of my soapbox moments as I have seen the lack of them abused too many times

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 7, 2007, 18:57:00 »

In my experience if you refuse details under sec60 then they threaten you with arrest.

They are not allowed to look through a wallet or phone on a sec60, only in the station after an arrest. They are allowed to remove any clothing obscuring the face, ie hats, scarves.
Gazza's Fat Mate

« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 11:52:06 »

I went on a critcial mass protest in London a few months ago and was pinned in by the police and told I was being held under section 60. As I was with some old hands at protesting etc everyone just removed their crash helmets and submited to a search. No one gave their name when asked instead we were told but the event oringers to tell the police that they had no power to ask for that infomation. As i was suber as a judge with a load of studnets and had a push bike with me the police were alright. they were all togged up in roit gear but were ok. Just goes to show how shit football fans are treated. In the furture every effort should be made to refuse any co-operation with the police as they are abusing their powers all the time. good site below for all sorts of legal info

http://www.urban75.org/mayday01/s60.html
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 12:15:33 »

dont you mean BNP rally?

Spencer_White

« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 12:30:22 »

If you are on a rally, its just a rally. You could slip off home at any time. If you go to football they know you have somewhere to be at 3pm. Besides, threatening to arrest you at football is no idle threat with all the football related legislation.

Plus theres this unwritten rule that police forces MUST charge everyone who is arrested with any involvement with football.
Gazza's Fat Mate

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 11:35:05 »

I am not always a racist plastic hoolie sometimes I am pollicatly active more so when it comes to cyclist rights!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 11:54:14 »

Gazza's Fat Mate in sensitive side shocker!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 12:16:07 »

amazing he mentions plastic a few days after moving to Milton Keynes

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: