Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England V South Africa  (Read 7790 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:02:24 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
why not? you saying the current lot are better?

undoubtedly

knowing how to win might be one thing, but that side is not good enough

why would you have the best number 3 in the country batting at 7?

the rest i can't even be bothered to argue it's worse than fletcher's logic and that my friend is embarrasing for you
DMR

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:02:30 »

dave i picked a team with the exception of flintoff and panesar who know how to fucking win.

why not? you saying the current lot are better?

no, i'm saying half of your lot were given the international bullet almost a decade ago!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:10:13 »

so you dont reckon adams would make a good captain 2 county championships in 3 years and a c&g cup. name another captain with that sort of record. plus a fucking great couple of batting seasons.

he obviously knows how to inspire a team to fucking win.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:11:34 »

so you dont reckon adams would make a good captain 2 county championships in 3 years and a c&g cup. name another captain with that sort of record. plus a fucking great couple of batting seasons.

he obviously knows how to inspire a team to fucking win.

mark alleyne has a much better one-day captaincy record than adams.. shall we bring him back as well?

adams will be about 521 years old when the next world cup comes around. keep moving forwards not back
DMR

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:12:59 »

no-one's disputing what he's done for sussex.

if you genuinely believe he should be back in the england side after 9 years out of it then you're fucking crazy.

let's build for 2011 not put in some long-serving county pro from one of the weakest domestic set-ups in the world.

takie your sussex goggles off and put your fucking england ones on.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:16:35 »

im not saying for the next world cup, im meant this one would have been a far more exciting prospect with that lot playing.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:25:13 »

mate i'd rather slit my neck than watch yardy and adams try and play guys like murali, malinga, tait, hall and co in a pressure situation like they've never experienced before
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 22:33:11 »

boeta sometimes your so full of shit Cheesy  last season they twatted the likes of warne, hoggard, west indies,  ah fuck it whats the point.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 10:05:20 »

twatted warne? doesn't look like it here: http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/cgi-bin/player_oracle_reveals_results2.cgi?playernumber=1999&playername=s%20warne&playernameexact=&displayplayername=SK%20Warne&team=&teamexact=&opponent=sussex&opponentexact=&captain=&wicketkeeper=&homeawaytype=All&matchtype=All&resulttype=All&startseason=2006&endseason=&searchtype=InningsList&startscore=&endscore=&startwicket=&endwicket=&branding=cricketarchive

in fact in the one-dayer it looks as if yardy played his typical go-slow one-day innings
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 11:18:00 »

Lets face the facts, Some of the current players are simply not good enough for international cricket .Virgil needs to step down,Flintoff needs a rocket up his arse and needs to stop being Billy Big bollocks,Nixon played well enoung but is 36,Bell is not an opener and must never play there again,Dalrymple is a joke,Joyce needs a good county season to get some confidence back .No doubt my opinions will get shot down by our two resident experts .

Sad to say, i must be on my way
lebowski

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 11:48:23 »

on the bright side, we hit more 6's than south africa did
fatbury

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 11:53:32 »

I actually think its time for a complete regime change

Its been a long time in place for the current lot - that means the removal of Graveney - Fletcher AND Vaughan

A friend suggested Shane Warne as coach - which I initially laughed at - but the more I thought about it the more I kind of liked it!

Bob Willis seems to be very keen on moving the game forward - perhaps he should be the new Graveney? I dont really know who else there is in the game that could do it - any suggestions ??

As for the captain - well overall Id like to see a new YOUNGER England - put together now with a slant on the future ...

Captain Cook anyone?
Spud

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 14:55:38 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
A friend suggested Shane Warne as coach - which I initially laughed at - but the more I thought about it the more I kind of liked it!

Shane Warne has already been quoted ruling out a move as an England coach due to his commitment to Hampshire.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 15:08:24 »

Something has got to be done,Fletcher has had more than enough time,the only bloke who springs to my mind is Tom Moody.He's done a great job with Sri Lanka,turned them from a pretty hopeless ODI team into a very capable one that is in with a big chance of winning the world cup.

Having said that i wonder if the ECB will make any changes,surely if they are going to change the ODI coach then changing the coach for the test team will have to happen as well?I'm not sure that the ECB will want to do it tbh.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
mattboyslim

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 15:13:41 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Something has got to be done,Fletcher has had more than enough time,the only bloke who springs to my mind is Tom Moody.He's done a great job with Sri Lanka,turned them from a pretty hopeless ODI team into a very capable one that is in with a big chance of winning the world cup.

Having said that i wonder if the ECB will make any changes,surely if they are going to change the ODI coach then changing the coach for the test team will have to happen as well?I'm not sure that the ECB will want to do it tbh.

I was thinking the same - is a hierarchy change needed - whereby the test and ODI sides are managed separately, the games whilst relying on the same principles are totally different - and perhaps are diverging more now than ever (see the amount of ODIs seasoned test players like Butcher and Hoggy played).  Obviously to do this I'd assume Fletcher would have to go which from a test perspective mightn't be the best.

Maybe they will want an overall head coach with ODI and Test coaches working under him?  Clearly despite the amount of domestic ODI cricket played in England we are struggling to reproduce it, and even our genuinely world class players are looking like mugs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: