Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EVERYTHING IS GREAT  (Read 8756 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 17:23:41 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
a 3-0 home win would really be an expectation, not a highlight.

Jesus H Christ man, you can never EXPECT a 3-0 win, especially if you support STFC.  I'm not singling you out here (I've had a bit of a moan at you on the match day thread) I just think you should be lowering your sights a tad, old son Wink
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 18:04:09 »

Figure of speach - 3-0 perhaps optimistic, but when a team of Wrexham, Stockport etc's calibre comes to town, you expect a win, and by a margin.  A 2-0 is an expected, and the excellent 3-0 and 4-2 wins respectively have been nice, but I don't think playoffs is unrealistic.  Automatic was a possibility with this squad, although we were previously a little light up front.

An interesting point - isn't it amazing when you revert back to line-ups and formations of old?  3-5-2 and Howard/Roberts back in the team....
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:30:46 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Figure of speach - 3-0 perhaps optimistic, but when a team of Wrexham, Stockport etc's calibre comes to town, you expect a win, and by a margin.

in all honesty wrexham have scored 20 goals in 10 games, a clean sheet was never on the cards, it was a question of who scores more.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:33:19 »

I thought football was always about who scores more?!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:37:32 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I thought football was always about who scores more?!

my point was we were always going to concede yesterday, although probably not expressed the best way  Cheesy

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
kick_ass1987

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 14:12:54 »

Well these posts just sum up some of our supporters.... We are Swindon Town  in league 1 struggling to survive, we are not Brazil... why do people moan at every loose pass. Every time we lose you want the manager out, We dont want fans like that, do you not think the players can hear you swearing at them, no wonder they dont perform well because they are worried about making the smallest mistake infront of their own "fans". For once realise that we are not Chelsea and Arsenal, we are a team struggling to get over 6,000 attendance. If you want perfect football then support the top teams. Or watch international football. Not the football league.  :x
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 22:27:57 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
Well these posts just sum up some of our supporters.... We are Swindon Town  in league 1 struggling to survive, we are not Brazil... why do people moan at every loose pass. Every time we lose you want the manager out, We dont want fans like that, do you not think the players can hear you swearing at them, no wonder they dont perform well because they are worried about making the smallest mistake infront of their own "fans". For once realise that we are not Chelsea and Arsenal, we are a team struggling to get over 6,000 attendance. If you want perfect football then support the top teams. Or watch international football. Not the football league.  :x

I'm sorry but that is such an unsatisfactory response.  I think even the most ardent King supporter will want the club to do well, and want to watch good football.  No one likes paying money to watch their club lose, and we're all striving for the same thing, whereas in your post there seems to be undertones of: "we're Swindon Town, we're born losers, let's expect nothing more".

Don't compare Swindon to international sides and top Premiership teams as we don't have to contend with them for the League One title - we do, however, have a right to expect our team to compete with teams in this division, which on several occassions we have not done e.g.:  Colchester (home) - I admit I do keep bringing this game up as an example, but there are others, Notts County (away) being another - the Colchester example just highlights it strongly.

If you read through this thread we've been debating the strengths/weaknesses of our squad, and the division between fans is the relevant expectation levels - personally I think playoffs is a very realistic target, and if we miss out on this goal then we have to look at the management and playing staff as something isn't working.  Last season, with a similar squad (arguably improved this season) we made the playoffs and at one stage had half a sniff of automatic - this season we have limped along and for long stages been in a fairly lowly position.  Whether or not we "overachieved" last season is open for debate.

Don't say the club doesn't want fans who complain - Swindon needs every bloody fan they can get, that's why the charge the poor sods so much to get in.  Every Swindon fan wants the team to do well - whether they channel it as a moan of frustration or cheer of encouragement - every fan has a right to express their emotion even if you do not agree with that.  The team is not nervous due to the crowd - they're nervous as they're not competent enough with the tactics, and the memories of recent embarrassing results fresh in the memories.
Super_Taff

« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 25, 2005, 22:36:24 »

I cant be assed to quote but...

Did i miss something? Im FAIRLY certain holmesy wasnt on the bench today and has GONE

Please please correct me if im wrong and if I am why the hell wasnt he playing?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 25, 2005, 22:41:04 »

Quote from: "Super_Taff"
I cant be assed to quote but...

Did i miss something? Im FAIRLY certain holmesy wasnt on the bench today and has GONE

Please please correct me if im wrong and if I am why the hell wasnt he playing?

his last game was the wrexham game

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 25, 2005, 22:42:02 »

He's like this all the time Whits. I just ignore him.
Super_Taff

« Reply #55 on: Friday, March 25, 2005, 22:54:20 »

Note the hint or sarcasm mate

As for Dave... dont get me started
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #56 on: Friday, March 25, 2005, 22:56:47 »

Quote from: "Super_Taff"
Note the hint or sarcasm mate

:roll:  Wink

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DMR

« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 25, 2005, 22:56:57 »

You're a shocking fan. You need to get on the players backs a bit more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: