Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The super chav is back  (Read 4044 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 15:36:23 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Walrus"
Howard would look poor if he was in the middle.  I wish he'd stick to his strongest position.

YES CHELSEA JUST SCORED!  Ten Squid coming my way.... Sorry  :roll:

Does this mean Roberts is in the reckoning for Saturday?  God knows we could do with him!

I understand why you support BH, based on some of last season, but the lad is in serious danger of ending up at Havant and Waterlooville....his attitude is just wrong.

CR reckons he's ready, although I'm sure the medical men and management might be more cautious.

I disagree, I think his attitude is spot-on.  The nature of online football forums is for people to make sweeping statements based on hearsay and opinion, and the idea of Howard being a fat, big-time Charlie who is disinterested in playing for Swindon and fancies himself in the Premiership is, in my opinion, wide of the mark.

I haven't worked, spoken or ever met the lad, but he strikes me as a great player on the pitch who we could do with on Saturday.  I was a VIP for the Torquay game this season, where he won Man Of The Match (yes I voted for him also...) and he was embarrassed, and apologised for the draw, after we'd been 3-1 up.  He did not apologise on behalf of the team, he apologised on behalf of himself, and for me this spoke volumes.  His geniune embarrassment demonstrated to me that there is no fault with his attitude.

On the pitch his fitness is not an issue, so neither should his weight be.   He is the most skillful and exciting player who Swindon own, and for this reason should be in the team and not alienated.
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 15:49:04 »

His attitude isnt spot on at all.

He looks overweight for a profesional footballer to me

Big time charlie? read some of his comments in the adver. He thinks he's a much better player than he actually is. When on the pitch he often goes for glory himself ie. shooting from 25 yards with better placed team mates screaming for the ball. (santini will like that one)

His fitness is an issue. When king started playing him in the middle I (and others) lost count of the number of times he was caught upfield and quite simply unable to get back and help the defence.

He either has poor natural fitness, which is possible, or he's carrying a few pounds.

I dont doubt the fact he has ability (one of the most technically gifted players in our squad) but his aplication and team work is shite frankly.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:06:04 »

In a word, bollocks.  The reason he was caught out of position is not his fitness, but his brain.  He is an attacking winger, his game is not defence.  He is, what some manager's would term a luxury player - similar mould to Laurant Robert, Ryan Giggs, Boa Morte etc.  He's crap in the middle I agree.

On the wing, he is fantastic.  If he does run out of puff, substitute the lad, or at least bring him on with 20 minutes to go, which currently King doesn't even do - instead moves Smith out to the left wing, when King has finally realised Holmes is crap as he can't cut it against tougher opposition, where for me Smith is ineffective, and bung Miglioranzi in the middle.

I think you are basing the idea of him being a big-time Charlie on very thin ice, which is unjustified.  Show me exact quotes demonstrating his attitude, the man to me is a realist.  He's talented, and should be in the team.  How many times does Grant Smith shoot from inappropriate positions, just to blaze it over the bar, simply because he bagged two good goals at Bradford?  How far over was Miglioranzi's effort last Saturday which cleared the Town End?  All footballers will have an odd crack from distance - hell I'm a left back and I'm guilty of doing that.
Piemonte

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:21:34 »

Iin two (3?!? )words thats partial bollocks.

I admit that reason for him of him getting caught upfield intitially was poor positioning but he often looked utterly fucked when (slowly) jogging back to try and get back into position. Most of our other players dont. Its that simple.

To say he's fantastic on the wing is overstating things a bit i think, dont you?

He looked good at times but suffered from the exact same problem as holmes in that he could be marked or bullied out of games by physical right backs . Adam Virgo being a good example in the play off games.

I cant be arsed to trawl though the adver archives  right now, but i can assure he hes made a couple of laughable quotes on there.

I've no problem with Howard shooting from distance (or any of our players) its the timing of when he does it that annoys me ie. shooting when he should be passing.

I'm not totally anti-Howard - he has the talent to be one of our best players.

I just wish he'd work hard at his fitness in training and work harder on the pitch for the team
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 17:30:25 »

Howard has abilty. Holmes has ability.

One is fit, trimmed, hard working, passionate and level headed. One ain't.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:29:31 »

Getting back onto the original subject, looks like Caton will be on the bench tomorrow as opposed to Roberts. (thisisstfc)

Maybe Kings learnt a lesson from bringing Nicholas and Migz back too early this season
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 12, 2005, 13:42:54 »

:ha http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/dc/6c/0,,10341~421084,00.jpg
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 12, 2005, 18:34:45 »

good to see him back today, didn't have much chance to impress. I'm sure parkin is looking forward to him making a full recovery

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: