Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Got an email from mike bowden  (Read 16419 times)
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 00:20:08 »

What we really need is proper meetings with individual board members somewhere like a pub on a Saturday so that we can ask them questions individually and you can get an in-depth answer to your question - not some shite forum where one board member fends off a question to another. Somewhere like a pub would be ideal. (Although you would have to go into it with an open mind.)

However what would be the most useful would be to have an overview of where the money goes. I know they are not legally obliged to do so but surely it's in their own interest to avoid all this anti-board feeling from the fans and give us a bit of an idea?

here's the man himself when you need him?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 00:24:38 »

I disagree R4K. Having spoken to a board member at the Moonrakers you won't get an in depth answer to any question
Razzledazzle

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 00:35:14 »

I disagree too reeves for king, it would be a complete waste of time...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 00:37:14 »

I believe the only way of gaining a truthful answer to any question is to use an old fashioned method...a rack perhaps?
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 00:48:29 »

Quote from: "Razzledazzle"

That's the point - ' a complete waste of time' - you've got to keep an open mind, listen, take notes, pick up on any statements that may seem ambiguous to previous ones and ask more in depth questions. Personally the boards lack of transparency irritates me but I'm wouldn't think 'Oh, Bob Holt or whoever's a twat, I'm not listening to them' - even if you've heard it all before you should stilll keep an open mind before the meeting to stop you being blinkered and not listening. And then if you think that they've talked shite throughout afterwards then that's fair enough, because you've listened rationally and probably learned a load about what you wanted to know.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 00:48:39 »

I don't think getting topless models will get us the truth, but I will be happy to see them around  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 01:05:50 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"

That's the point - ' a complete waste of time' - you've got to keep an open mind, listen, take notes, pick up on any statements that may seem ambiguous to previous ones and ask more in depth questions. Personally the boards lack of transparency irritates me but I'm wouldn't think 'Oh, Bob Holt or whoever's a twat, I'm not listening to them' - even if you've heard it all before you should stilll keep an open mind before the meeting to stop you being blinkered and not listening. And then if you think that they've talked shite throughout afterwards then that's fair enough, because you've listened rationally and probably learned a load about what you wanted to know.

I suspect most informed individuals have been prepared to keep an open mind for a length of time....in many ways too long, which is why there's now no going back,

It really is shit or bust....
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 01:17:24 »

That's the trouble Reg.

flammableBen

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 04:40:05 »

meetings with small, up to medium groups is in pubs is good for them because they can spout as much bollocks as they want without any of it being reliably recorded. Why do you think they are so willing to meet up with fans but aren't so willing to answer written questions?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 13:21:01 »

what Ben said

Word
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 14:25:25 »

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we really need is proper meetings with individual board members somewhere like a pub on a Saturday so that we can ask them questions individually and you can get an in-depth answer to your question - not some shite forum where one board member fends off a question to another. Somewhere like a pub would be ideal. (Although you would have to go into it with an open mind.)

However what would be the most useful would be to have an overview of where the money goes. I know they are not legally obliged to do so but surely it's in their own interest to avoid all this anti-board feeling from the fans and give us a bit of an idea?
_ End quote
-------------------

R4E...there is a legally binding way of producing an overview of where the money goes .......its called the accounts. Where are they?
Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 15:26:10 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Reeves for King"

I suspect most informed individuals have been prepared to keep an open mind for a length of time....in many ways too long, which is why there's now no going back,

It really is shit or bust....

Spot on.

Too many examples where I have more than happily given them the benefit of doubt and taken their story at face value only later to find it was complete and utter horse shit.

The sooner they are gone the sooner we can all start pulling together as a club. It has gone past the point of no return for too many now.
Spencer_White

« Reply #147 on: Monday, March 26, 2007, 17:13:28 »

R for K, if they produced accounts this would not happen. We would be able to see how much Dunwoody take out of the club each year, where the black holes are. Its a pain in the arse that inland revenue doesnt do anything about it. STFC pays fines (and therefore us fans) to keep their financial irregularities under wraps. Madness.

Ive listened to this board for a long time. And they talk a lot of absolute bollocks. I would listen to 1 man, Diamandis, because his opinion seems to be the only 1 the matters at STFC. All the board members with the exception of James Wills are either Dunwoody (Diamandis) spokespeople or just generally disinterested.

But I wouldnt meet Diamandis and have a chat with him because I consider the man absolute scum. He considers STFC his personal company to further his own means and does not seem to care if we are the latest company in a long list under his directorship to go under, so long as he comes out of it in profit. The way he runs the club is totally illegal.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, March 26, 2007, 17:24:51 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Typical, you get a reply defending themselves against various comments on a mesage board or whatever and I email the club offering my services in signing South African international players and they dont reply! :-))(

No offence Will but if some random person emailed me and i was in some sort of Board room position at a League Two Club and being offered the chance to sign South African international players then i would probably ignore it too.

If Will emailed me i would just delete it without reading.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 12:30:03 »

Mr Bowden has scurried away now after you horrible people upset him...you do know he used to be a corporate lawyer now don't you ?

Don't go upsetting that nice Mr Bowden again now please, he's needed....for entertainment purposes  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: