Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lukas to Everton  (Read 7091 times)
land_of_bo

« Reply #45 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 10:44:41 »

You know FARTBURRY, there is someone you can see about schizophrenia, you don't have to be embarrassed about it.

Did you smoke to much weed when you were younger?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 10:48:36 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Sturrock has been pushing to sell Lukas for ages so thats not a surprise really.

The only interest Ive heard about in our youth team was for young Billy Bodin (Paul's son).

(Btw - I am not Bart - this IS my first post on this topic)

Yet more inane ramblings from an unhinged mind.

You must do it for attention........................

Have you heard of Walter Mitty?

It's All Good..............
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 10:55:51 »

It will happen guys
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 10:56:24 »

I don't think Batbury and Fart are the same person. But I do think they are the first TEF tag team
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 11:02:40 »

Can we take a reality check here?

If any premiership club was interested in any player, from any team, in our league, then that player would go:

The player would WANT to go, as it's a great move.

The Club would WANT to sell, as it would generate some cash.

If Lukas goes, good luck to him. You can't equate it to the selling of Shearer, or Fallon, both those players were first team regulars, both top scorers when they were sold. Lukas is a fair way off being the finished article.

If the club can get some cash for him why not?

mattboyslim

« Reply #50 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 11:10:36 »

Obviously Lukas could be mega star - equally he could be a robin Hulbert, offered £250k for him, turned it down, and he was rubbish.  Provided we get genuine good value, and a good sell on, then I'd sell - it's nigh on impossible to stop a league two player going to a decent prem team if they offer.  You don't miss what you've never had, and Lukas has played less than 20 games for us, at this stage I'd not exactly call him part of the spine of the team in the same way that Shearer, SSP, Fallon adn JAF were.
fatbury

« Reply #51 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 11:16:23 »

How can you not see that Sturrock has been touting young Lukas - it was as clear as day in the paper the other week when the youth cup matches were on - I can only assume that he is thinking that Lukas isnt as good as the hype and someone might give us some money for him that he isnt worth - in his opinion. Especially as he is about the only player the board can make any realistic money on. And thats basically what it is about - making the board money - nothing else.

As I said though I hadnt heard anything about this so its probably a rumour coming from somewhere - to clarify on Bodin's son I heard that Chelsea had a regular scout checking him out
Barry Scott

« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 11:44:30 »

Selling Lukas is the right move.

He hasn't proved himself and we need the money. He has potential, but has yet to set the world alight.

Remember, he hasn't done anything amazing, he may get to 27 and be in the lower leagues and rubbish, i say sell him while there is potential. After all, he may never come good, let a richer club take the risk and we get cash in the mean time.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 11:49:23 »

How can you not see that Sturrock has been touting young Lukas - it was as clear as day in the paper the other week when the youth cup matches were on - I can only assume that he is thinking that Lukas isnt as good as the hype and someone might give us some money for him that he isnt worth - in his opinion. Especially as he is about the only player the board can make any realistic money on. And thats basically what it is about - making the board money - nothing else.

As I said though I hadnt heard anything about this so its probably a rumour coming from somewhere - to clarify on Bodin's son I heard that Chelsea had a regular scout checking him out

So what did he actually say that led you to this conclusion?

I remember him saying that Lukas could go all the way, but I cn't remember him putting out a two page ad in Exchange and Mart: 'Promising young player, only one owner from new, sensible offers only'.

Or perhaps I missed it................................................

Piemonte

« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 13:04:12 »

Quote from: "herthab"

So what did he actually say that led you to this conclusion?

I remember him saying that Lukas could go all the way, but I cn't remember him putting out a two page ad in Exchange and Mart: 'Promising young player, only one owner from new, sensible offers only'.

Or perhaps I missed it................................................

He said

A) Lukas had a lot of potential
B) there were loads of scouts there and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out who they were watching.

Hardly touting him about is it?

Some people need to take a reality pill, we are not a big club and never will be. Every one of our players has a price and always will do, regardless of who owns or runs the club.  That said, I wont be overly happy if we sell our brightest prospect for years, but thats life supprting a lower league club.

The fact that Lukas has 3 yearson his contract means fuck all, other than we get to deciede the fee rather than a tribunal.

I've been trying to figure out what I would consider a fair price for Lukas. My personal feelings are around £500k + percantage of sell on clause.

John Stead went for £1.2 m from Huddersfield who were in L2 at the time I believe? He was slightly older but was starting and scoring regually at the time.

The only problem with all of this is that I have very little faith in the likes of Mike D to negoitate a good deal for STFC.
fatbury

« Reply #55 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 13:09:52 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
[The only problem with all of this is that I have very little faith in the likes of Mike D to negoitate a good deal for STFC.

I actually find myself agreeing with Piemonte!

I think this is the main worry for me as well

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 14:27:08 »

i reckon£150,000- £200,000 would be around the amount we'd get for lucas
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 14:57:24 »

Quote from: "arriba"

I'd go with that as well.  Around £400k for Parkin would suggest a lower figure of Lukas.
Piemonte

« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:08:52 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "arriba"

I'd go with that as well.  Around £400k for Parkin would suggest a lower figure of Lukas.

But Lukas is 17, Parkin was 24 (?)  Any club would be buying potential
mattboyslim

« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:11:59 »

Potential equates to a low initial fee then bonuses dependant on progression and appearances plus a sell-on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: