Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THISISSTFC  (Read 10729 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 15:24:16 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Pauld and Worcester Red on the pull:

http://www.cmukgb.org/images/activities/mystery/geeks.jpg

Cool

You're just jealous, that's all  
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 16:20:17 »

Ref the database....

They've either

a) followed STFC's lead and not paid there bills and hence been disconnected

b) had their database confiscated by the thought police

c) purposely entered the wrong DB connection string to throw up a 500 error and shut the site down and make it look like neither of the above are true

My money is on C - why?  Because from past experience both the forum and Thisis website run from the same DB - if the forum is down through DB issues you usually can't access the news stories because they are database driven and this isn't the case at the moment which indicates they have purposely taken down the forum to do so cleaning up by throwing a 500 error
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 16:37:23 »

Quote from: "triseros"
Ref the database....

They've either

a) followed STFC's lead and not paid there bills and hence been disconnected

b) had their database confiscated by the thought police

c) purposely entered the wrong DB connection string to throw up a 500 error and shut the site down and make it look like neither of the above are true

My money is on C - why?  Because from past experience both the forum and Thisis website run from the same DB - if the forum is down through DB issues you usually can't access the news stories because they are database driven and this isn't the case at the moment which indicates they have purposely taken down the forum to do so cleaning up by throwing a 500 error

You'd have thought that the least that they could do (whether or not it's deliberate or not) would be to display a user-friendly message don't you think.

Hardly looks good/professioanl on the adver's part does it.

Imagine any other 'professional' website just letting database error messages be displayed without doing something about it.

:nuts:
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:03:32 »

Ok women, I emailed them and found out.

The response

Hiya
We are experiencing problems with our forum servers at the moment,
so I've taken it off the front page listings as it was causing the rest of the site to fail.
Should be back up soon, sorry for any inconvience caused.

Who was right?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:05:07 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
Ok women, I emailed them and found out.

The response

Hiya
We are experiencing problems with our forum servers at the moment,
so I've taken it off the front page listings as it was causing the rest of the site to fail.
Should be back up soon, sorry for any inconvience caused.

Who was right?

Me!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:05:47 »

I emailed Bart and he told me it was a big conspiracy because they're all in bed with the board
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:06:20 »

I think the server needs oiling me !
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 18:07:32 »

Quote from: "pauld"
What, you mean they've actually pulled it under pressure, but rather than admit that, they're making it look like the scripts the site runs on are a bit ropey?

Sounds a bit convoluted tbh, surely more likely the forum scripts were developed or customised inhouse some years ago, the guys who originally wrote it have left and and no-ones gone near the tangle of spaghetti code since. So when they do run into problems like this no-one knows how to fix it. Seriously, I reckon we could sort this out for them in a couple of hours - for a few grand in consultancy fees, natch.
"a few grand in concultancy fees" - have you just come in from the Newbury School of Business!  On the other hand I am sure Mikey D. will fork out for your consultancy if you ask nicely!    
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 18:15:22 »

I emailed Bart and he told me it was a big conspiracy because they're all in bed with the board

I got the exact same response from fatbury!  Tongue

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 19:22:30 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
What, you mean they've actually pulled it under pressure, but rather than admit that, they're making it look like the scripts the site runs on are a bit ropey?

Sounds a bit convoluted tbh, surely more likely the forum scripts were developed or customised inhouse some years ago, the guys who originally wrote it have left and and no-ones gone near the tangle of spaghetti code since. So when they do run into problems like this no-one knows how to fix it. Seriously, I reckon we could sort this out for them in a couple of hours - for a few grand in consultancy fees, natch.
"a few grand in concultancy fees" - have you just come in from the Newbury School of Business!  

Wasn't being wholly serious, but having started the sentence with the word "Seriously" I realise does somewhat undermine that. Doh! It's been a long week  Cheesy
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 20:43:19 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"

"a few grand in concultancy fees" - have you just come in from the Newbury School of Business!  

Wasn't being wholly serious, but having started the sentence with the word "Seriously" I realise does somewhat undermine that. Doh! It's been a long week  Cheesy
Don't worry, I realised what you meant, just thought I would get a jibe in a Newbury!! :roll:
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 12:08:50 »

Just tried to get on TISTFC and it is refusing me access!  I may be banned or are they still having "problems"!!  This board will stop at nothing!

"More money out there than you can shake a stick at"  Show us the colour of the money then Holt!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 12:16:51 »

It's been off line for days.  I doubt Maverick knows what to do with himself.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 12:54:42 »

Quote from: "WorcesterRed"
Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"
There are only 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

(one for the Geeks there)

I don't understand binary, but I got the joke!  I like it.

You don't understand binary? It's quite simple.

The binary numeral system, or base-2 number system, is a numeral system that represents numeric values using two symbols, usually 0 and 1. More specifically, the usual base-2 system is a positional notation with a radix of 2

Basics really....

Yes
Dont think I have ever been so bored as when reading that!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 12:55:50 »

Geek humour................................

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: