Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hartlepool today.  (Read 7162 times)
Papa Smurf

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:52:30 »

Agree Roberts was gash today, finally had enough of him.
Yes, he has bags of potential and can play well on his day, but his day does not come often. I'd happily replace him with a proper striker.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:54:59 »

so we've lost.deffo to one of the better sides in the league, and we are going to lose a few more yet.
but slating players the way some have is daft imo.the team will bounce back and we will get promoted, so chill dudes.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:34:08 »

Yep.

The team that has got us to 2nd in the league is crap and Sturrock is useless.

FFS! It was one game!

A game that we lost by one goal!

Hartlepool weren't better than us, we made a mistake at a set piece and we failed to capitalise on our chances.

Those of you who think Sturrock did 'this' wrong, or 'that' wrong, FUCK OFF!

Sturrock will get us out of this shite league THIS SEASON.

FACT!

It's All Good..............
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:34:33 »

I felt that Hartlepool played to the potential they showed at their place back in August .... big strong side ... no attempts at any fancy football .... massive back line with Nelson commanding so much in particular (I hated him when he was at Bury too - but only because I wish we had him!) ... whereas we had at least five or six players below par and looked like the confidence was not there as well (in fact like we did for most of the last hour at Peterborough) ... something is definitely not quite right ... perhaps the team needed to lose so that Sturrock will make changes for next week ..... they looked a bit like they were a team who think they will get picked to play regardless ... let's hope today has taught them a lesson ..... in fairness nobody will beat Hartlepool convincingly in my opinion ... and we still have Evans and Vincent and Noubissie .... the sooner I start that drive up to Rochdale the sooner we can put today behind us ..... sigh  Crying
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:37:21 »

Roberst alwas makes things diffcult for himself, He always takes the hard option. AND CROSS THE BALL FFS, INSTEAD OF DOING FANCY-DAN STEPOVERS.

Shakes hustlied and bustled well, but his crossing was also poor. I dont think any of them got of the ground.

Bit confused when sturrrock dropped peacock into the midfield. He was the only holding the ball up, and he did well bringing people into play. But when he moved to midfield, every long ball just came straight back at us

And where was the fecking marking for their corner. Simple stuff, buts its holding us back, and costs us points (again).

Things get better but they never get good
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:44:55 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"
Roberst alwas makes things diffcult for himself, He always takes the hard option. AND CROSS THE BALL FFS, INSTEAD OF DOING FANCY-DAN STEPOVERS.

Shakes hustlied and bustled well, but his crossing was also poor. I dont think any of them got of the ground.

Bit confused when sturrrock dropped peacock into the midfield. He was the only holding the ball up, and he did well bringing people into play. But when he moved to midfield, every long ball just came straight back at us

And where was the fecking marking for their corner. Simple stuff, buts its holding us back, and costs us points (again).

Yeah, and laying it off to who? There wasn't anyone there, was there?

Peacock was my MOTM. If Roberts played a bit more centrally as a striker, I think we'd have scored.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:56:36 »

Quote from: "herthab"

Peacock was my MOTM. If Roberts played a bit more centrally as a striker, I think we'd have scored.

IIRC he was playing the ball out wide quite frequently, including some brilliant cross field passes to shakes in the 1st half

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:59:55 »

IIRC he was playing the ball out wide quite frequently, including some brilliant cross field passes to shakes in the 1st half

I was refering to laying it off close, to his striking partner.

Yeah, his long range passing was great. The problem was that the recipient didn't manage to repay the favour.......IIRC!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:01:34 »

Yeah, his long range passing was great. The problem was that the recipient didn't manage to repay the favour.......IIRC!

Oh bugger it. lets just blame roberts and pook

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 22:12:30 »

Oh bugger it. lets just blame roberts and pook

Yes, lets.

And while we're at it, lets blame 'the board' for not inserting a clause into Monkhouse's transfer deal that he couldn't play today.

:groan1:

floghorse
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 16:25:00 »

i thought we did alright, they were good, we were nowhere near our best.

they only had one decent chance and they put it away, whereas we had a few, on another day atleast one wouldve flown in.
fair play to nichos for his effort but what the fuck was zabooub doing just before it, that was an absolute sitter.

officially blacker than the night.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 17:06:58 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Quote from: "DV85"
Christian Roberts was a useless lazy waste of space today.

He better be dropped for his week.

His crossing was shit, the way he delayed everything did step overs and cut back was shit. One on one with the keeper and he didnt shoot. 20 yards out with 3 players round him and he does.

That was shocking. Pook isnt good enough and Timlin has been here too long because he now looks like a proper Swindon player, utter rubbish....couldnt pass at all today.

We looked less dangerous when Shakes went off  :shock:

Agreed, Roberts, Pook and Timlin were appaling with Zaboub and Nicholas pushing them close- that's 5 players having poor games in one of our biggest matches so far. Pathetic display.

So if Monkfish had still been here he would probably been our best player

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spencer_White

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 19:20:56 »

I tell you the shittest performance of the day..............

Our fans. Only 6800 and a crap atmosphere. Well dissapointed. And kids singing 'want our money back' in the Town End. Fuck off. Ive had it with that stand now, I doubt il be back in there this season.

On the pitch thought it was a typical tight shit game. Too defensive. We had 2 guilt edge chances to score and missed them both. They had one chance and scored, they won the game. Monky was their best player and proved his point to Sturrock (not that I think Sturrock was wrong to let him go). Il always stick up for Roberts, but he needs to score more from open play. Missing that 1 on 1 was criminal, and he does deserve to be dropped on saturday for that.

Best to just ignore football for a few days, forget it, and get on with Rochdale on saturday. Cmon You Reds.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 19:22:34 »

Just saw the highlights - how the hell did zaaboub miss?

Nicho's shot was a cracker, but it was he who lost Monkhouse for the goal
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 21:01:04 »

I thought it was Nicholas.

I'm sure santini will log on and tell me it was Ifil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: