Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust CG Development Plans  (Read 17272 times)
Danjackson10

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:59:20 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "Danjackson10"
Some good plans there! Can i just ask what the plans would be for car parking if the car park and the Ground behind the Arkells is being used up for development?

It has been suggested that a multi-storey car park is built on an adjacent retail site for use by that business as well as the sports facility. It has also been costed and it is not a ridiculous amount of money.

sounds alright! the car parking is bad enough at the moment so an alternative site for car parking ie essential! What is the Park and Ride like at Swindon?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 12:10:02 »

Looks very good in principle, hope the devilish detail does not get in the way.

ust be the oldest
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 12:10:24 »

What's to complain about ?

The fact is you need hotel/apartments to help pay for the redevelopment costs.

At least it's much better that the clubs 'more houses than you can shake a stick out' proposal, which seemed to be done on the cheap by Dunwoody, but they probably charged the club £50k + vat for.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 12:14:49 »

not just that Summerof69, but the hotel and appartments shows the club is also giving back to the people and local businesses of swindon.

Hotel would be the gateway for Swindons businesses when clients want to visit. Confrences(sp) could be held there too which would boost turnover.

With housing if it's low cost affordable (like Ralpy has just got) flats then it helps the first time buyers to get on the market therefore giving back to the comunity.

all in all it's a winner

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 12:58:24 »

I'm just now waiting for a club 'statement' saying that these proposals are pie in the sky, when everybody knows that they are not.

They are under severe pressure as today the Adver has also printed the Manifesto for the Fans Consortium.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 13:06:15 »

What happens to these proposals now given the consortium bid?

I assume the idea is the takeover bid runs its course and the consortium take the plans forward?

I assume he Trust will not be handing the plans to the current board, assuming they have not contributed to the costs of producing them of course?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 13:08:53 »

looks good!
one question i have is.have the residents of shrivenham road been asked if they mind a new stand in place of the stratton bank?
i thought the roof issue was a problem some years ago with old proposals
TalkTalk

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 13:16:51 »

Quote from: "arriba"
looks good!
one question i have is.have the residents of shrivenham road been asked if they mind a new stand in place of the stratton bank?

Yes, they have been asked Arriba. As have the Broad Green Community Council.

The previous roof issue wasn't to do with the residents, it was more that the club couldn't afford to build it  :roll:

However, this time around it is proposed to slant the Shrivvy Road corner to maximise natural daylight for the residents.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 13:18:22 »

looks good!

The previous roof issue wasn't to do with the residents, it was more that the club couldn't afford to build it  :roll:

However, this time around it is proposed to slant the Shrivvy Road corner to maximise natural daylight for the residents.

marvellous!!!!!
cheers for the info
mattboyslim

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 13:35:10 »

Goos Work, hark at the common sense of the proposal!  Wel done to all involved, can't get too excited til I see soem fancy atrwork of how it might look.  I would love it for the designs to actually be a bit unique not some samey prepackaged design like every other club has.
Piemonte

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:15:17 »

More fantastic work from the trust. my only regret is I didnt join sooner to show my support.

Trying to be as unbiased as possibe, I would support this scheme even if I didnt support STFC. There are too many people in this ton who are scared of progress.

A big thumbs up to all involved for the hard work it must have taken to put such a comprehensive and well thought out proposal togther.  

I just hope that the council, nimbys, and prople stuck in the past can see the benifits of such a scheme
Piemonte

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:16:32 »

by the way there is a poll on the adver site, about halfway down the homepage.

We should all voe to show our suport.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:18:39 »

33% say no, that's a bit worrying.  Although initial concerns should be over come.

Great work to all involved, like what was said on Monday, publishing these details can only be a good thing.

Any statement from the club about this would sound reactionary.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:26:11 »

Quote from: "janaage"
33% say no, that's a bit worrying.  Although initial concerns should be over come.

Great work to all involved, like what was said on Monday, publishing these details can only be a good thing.

Any statement from the club about this would sound reactionary.
And of that 33% I bet none of them have actaully read the proposals.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:29:01 »

looks good!

How do you slant a stand? do you mean Huddersfield style with the U shape roof?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: