Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PICTURE :New Sign above the Town End  (Read 7565 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:36:54 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Floodlight bulbs......I've raised this at AGM's and forums, to be told that even with several bulbs missing, we meet the criteria to play, maybe so but I've a job seeing the SB from the TE too clearly.

That's because you're old and your sight's going reg.

I'll challenge you to a long distance number plate reading contest any time.

I can't read.

Just do the the numbers then

I can't count.

Come to the Beehive tonight and I'll buy you  5 pints.

Smiley I'd have to come up with some sort of crossing off squares method of keeping track. Unfortunately, I'm working tonignt.

You could read that then   :shock:

no I can't.

This quoatage has got pretty impresive.

If it could be lifted into a third dimension, we'd have a fine example of a  pyramidal frustum......if covered in chocolate it would make a fine example of a munchie.....which was a type of Rolo.....can you still get them?

How many return quotes would it take to fill up one whole page, with just one post?  

If you know what I mean?

I think FB maybe the man to find out.

Or would it just make the page looooooooooooooooonger?

Think one post already goes off my laptop screen, Each page shows a certain amount of posts however big they are so you'd never get 1 post per page.

I wonder how small the box in the middle will get though?

Pretty fucking small. I wonder it will get to one letter wide? I guess that it will start widening the screen before then.

I thought maybe Munchies had lost their 50's innocence....when in the 60's and onwards hysterical stoners would develop "the munchies" .

I don't ever remember seeing them advertised otherwise I could imagine a clever play on words.
land_of_bo

« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:42:24 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Quote from: "janaage"

Floodlight bulbs......I've raised this at AGM's and forums, to be told that even with several bulbs missing, we meet the criteria to play, maybe so but I've a job seeing the SB from the TE too clearly.

That's because you're old and your sight's going reg.

I'll challenge you to a long distance number plate reading contest any time.

I can't read.

Just do the the numbers then

I can't count.

Come to the Beehive tonight and I'll buy you  5 pints.

Smiley I'd have to come up with some sort of crossing off squares method of keeping track. Unfortunately, I'm working tonignt.

You could read that then   :shock:

no I can't.

This quoatage has got pretty impresive.

If it could be lifted into a third dimension, we'd have a fine example of a  pyramidal frustum......if covered in chocolate it would make a fine example of a munchie.....which was a type of Rolo.....can you still get them?

How many return quotes would it take to fill up one whole page, with just one post?  

If you know what I mean?

I think FB maybe the man to find out.

Or would it just make the page looooooooooooooooonger?

Think one post already goes off my laptop screen, Each page shows a certain amount of posts however big they are so you'd never get 1 post per page.

I wonder how small the box in the middle will get though?

Pretty fucking small. I wonder it will get to one letter wide? I guess that it will start widening the screen before then.

I thought maybe Munchies had lost their 50's innocence....when in the 60's and onwards hysterical stoners would develop "the munchies" .

I don't ever remember seeing them advertised otherwise I could imagine a clever play on words.

You can still buy them, had some the other day. They also did a mint variety called Mintola but they didn't have biscuit in.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:45:21 »

Cool  if you put 2 munchies back to back they make a fine example of a square bifrustum.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:49:20 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Was it?

I don't recall the prescence of it, the big ST, the crest and the current one are the ones Iknow, anyone have linkage to this?

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/images/Title/TitleBadgeHistoryWhite.jpg

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
mattboyslim

« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:56:45 »

Cheers Jock, That has to eb the least famous of our badges though.  Mind you probably better than the current one tbh.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:58:54 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Cheers Jock, That has to eb the least famous of our badges though.  Mind you probably better than the current one tbh.
I didnt know about it until i stumbled accross that site the other day

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 18:58:23 »

Those on a flag each would look quality behind the SB.
mattboyslim

« Reply #52 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 19:03:16 »

Yes, Yes they would.  I hope that's what Sturrock was talking about when he mentioned a facelift.  I know we all want a new ground byt tarting up teh old one for a few hundred quid wouldn't go amiss, practical things I'm sure could be done cheaply or by voluntary work from fans.  A proper sign for the club wouldn't go amiss, something a bit biger than one printed on the back of a fag packet.  I agree with Reg a few aesthetic improvements would be very pleasant, just to make the place look a bit more professional.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: