Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No rush in appointing new manager  (Read 1997 times)
sonic youth

« on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 11:59:09 »

Wanted: Swindon Town Manager
Adie Williams takes over as caretaker-boss, at the County Ground, following Dennis Wise's departure....

Swindon Town will not be rushed into appointing a new manager...

Following David Tuttle's decision not to take temporary charge of team-affairs, Club captain Adie Williams has taken over as caretaker-boss at the County Ground.

But acting chief-executive Martyn Starnes says the search is underway for a permanent successor to Dennis Wise:2

"We have no fixed view on whether it's going to be a young dynamic manager or whether it's going to be someone with an established track record.  We're inviting applications and we will see who does apply and we'll make decisions based on that.

"I think we could easily run for four to six weeks with the staff that we've got.  We've still got a very strong staff within the club, on the football side, and I think the important thing is for us to get the right manager.  If that takes a little bit longer to achieve, than we would perhaps like, than so be it."

Wise has been joined at Leeds by assistant Gus Poyet and goal keeping coach Andy Beesley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2006/10/25/stfc_251006_feature.shtml
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 12:02:26 »

4 to 6 weeks!!!  :shock:
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 12:04:00 »

I'm glad about that.

At least we won't apoint some inexperienced young manager like Iffy again.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 12:04:13 »

4-6 weeks is abit much with a coaching staff of Williams (minimal badges), Lee (lacks experience too) and Tuttle (who could be Leeds bound!)
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 12:06:24 »

i think its all designed to give Williams more time .. hes got the job as far as this board is concerned ..another Iffy scenario
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 12:51:36 »

its the right thing to do. we can't rush a decision on this. we need the right person
my-velocity

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 13:04:42 »

We need a manger who'll bring people in as well as we need a goalie coach, probably a youth coach, a scout, we need a whole management team to get the job done.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 13:24:46 »

D'ya reckon Wisey will lend us a keeper as cover for Brez.  If I was Willo I'd get on the blower, I think Den owes us a favour or two.
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:23:08 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
hes got the job as far as this board is concerned

Cool, so the information you have just gave to the press is rubbish. So you ARE planning on appionting Williams permanently?

How long do you give him before you sack him, or is that down to you and the other board members?

Do you dislike the hatred some members of this forum direct at you and your fellow board brethren?

You're a miserable cunt. Chill out babe.
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:13:20 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Wanted: Swindon Town Manager
Adie Williams takes over as caretaker-boss, at the County Ground, following Dennis Wise's departure....

Swindon Town will not be rushed into appointing a new manager...

Following David Tuttle's decision not to take temporary charge of team-affairs, Club captain Adie Williams has taken over as caretaker-boss at the County Ground.

But acting chief-executive Martyn Starnes says the search is underway for a permanent successor to Dennis Wise:2

"We have no fixed view on whether it's going to be a young dynamic manager or whether it's going to be someone with an established track record.  We're inviting applications and we will see who does apply and we'll make decisions based on that.

"I think we could easily run for four to six weeks with the staff that we've got.  We've still got a very strong staff within the club, on the football side, and I think the important thing is for us to get the right manager.  If that takes a little bit longer to achieve, than we would perhaps like, than so be it."

Wise has been joined at Leeds by assistant Gus Poyet and goal keeping coach Andy Beesley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2006/10/25/stfc_251006_feature.shtml

Heh,  Cheesy  that's been cut and paste word for word from the press release that followed King's departure last season.  

Expect another to follow shortly regarding the quantity and quality of some of the applications as the process continues in a week or so.  Provided Williams doesn’t make an absolute shambles of it he’ll no doubt be announced as the next manager in a couple of weeks.

Not that I’m picking holes, I’ve no problem with Williams, in fact I believe I mentioned over three months ago (come on anyone beat that then  Tongue ) that he came across as having the credentials to make a future Town manager.  

The main worry as ever is with some of the comics behind the scenes running the circus.  

Williams like Iffy doesn’t have the same sway and swagger that Wise and Poyet had and while they were clearly disgruntled with the shenanigans to some degree they came across as having a degree of leeway in dealing with those with no name.  Star performers shipped in January little or no transfer funds (well less than ever) for squad strengthening, staff cutbacks the usual sort of stunts to ‘balance the books’ that I got the impression Wise wouldn’t have stood for and by recent events didn’t!

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:15:53 »

barry hunter in to now, you reckon the board are eyeing this up as the replacements?
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:19:14 »

Quote from: "Johno"
barry hunter in to now, you reckon the board are eyeing this up as the replacements?

Think so Johno unless they screw it up and I think it would have to be a big screw up for them not to be appointed new gaffers.

Good luck to them, I'm 100% them from the start and actually have a feeling if he hits the ground running Williams will make a cracking gaffer.

flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:32:08 »

I'd like to see Sam Allen bought back. Unfortunately he died 60 years ago.
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:43:57 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Expect another to follow shortly regarding the quantity and quality of some of the applications as the process continues in a week or so.  Provided Williams doesn’t make an absolute shambles of it he’ll no doubt be announced as the next manager in a couple of weeks.

Chairman Willie Carson has said that applications are "flooding in" to succeed <INSERT FORMER MANAGER'S NAME HERE> as Swindon manager.

However, Carson has hinted that caretaker boss <INSERT CARETAKER MANAGER'S NAME HERE> has a good chance of putting himself in the frame.

"When a side like Swindon sacks its manager there are always plenty of applications, but at this stage, things are up in the air," he said.

"But <INSERT CARETAKER MANAGER'S NAME HERE> did a very good job with <INSERT PREVIOUS ROLE WITHIN CLUB HERE>, and if he does a good job he might be someone we look at."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/4296608.stm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: