Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington want Ince...  (Read 2843 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 6, 2006, 09:06:43 »

I don't consider Swindon as west country to be honest. Torquay, Exeter and Plymouth are west country.

Swindon is south.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 6, 2006, 09:18:43 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
I don't consider Swindon as west country to be honest. Torquay, Exeter and Plymouth are west country.

Swindon is south.

I dont either, like when they sometimes sing "we are the boys from the west country....."

It made me laugh when someone started singing it in the town end when we played bristol city last season  :shock:
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 6, 2006, 09:29:50 »

The consider Wiltshire as the Westcountry... Although Swindon would be the border of what I consider the westcountry.

But that's just me. Times are a-changin' - in 100 years time the whole of the south will be a suburb of London!!!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 6, 2006, 09:36:10 »

It's weird, cos i live in north Oxfordshire, our BBC local news is Midlands today, all Birmingham news.

Our ITV local news is Central South, all Oxford based.

I don't really consider Chipping Norton as the Midlands.
mattboyslim

« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 6, 2006, 10:13:17 »

IMHO 'old swindon people' think of it as west country, I guess the nucleus of our long term support, but the newer often london overspill population see it as South.  I guess it's south central, but generally people want to pidgeon hole as either south east or south west, and it's definately more west than east, and like people have said we're right in NE Wiltshire, go down to the opposite corner and it's nearly somerset.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: