Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Golf  (Read 1436 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 24, 2006, 05:32:04 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
I play 'military golf'.................left, right, left, right !

NMH

....and spend all your time in the bunker?  Cheesy
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 24, 2006, 06:20:51 »

I took up golf 16 years ago when I was between jobs and was given a gold card by the council.

As is usual with me it sparked off my obsessive compulsive disorder and I used to spend 4 hours on the range followed by 18 holes.  This happened nearly every day (apart from Thursdays  Wink ) for about 9 months and, when I could afford it, I would have a lesson to iron out any imperfections.  There were days when I would go home and my hands were bleeding fromburst blisters :?

I bought a set of second hand Mizuno TP 11 bladed clubs (none of this cavity backed rubbish for me) and I still play with the same set now.

By the time I got a job I was playing off 4 and could hit the green on par 4's up to about 350 yards.  The downside was that despite getting a really good tan it was limited to my arms and neck apart from my left hand which was lily white from wearing the glove, plus my right hand developed really hard callouses which wasn't good for my single status 'sex' life :shock:

Sadly I don't get much time to play now (tomorrow is only the second time this year) but Foggy is absolutely right - spend any money on lessons and practice until it hurts
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 24, 2006, 09:47:39 »

i've always been of the opinion that lessons is a form of cheating - although after 4 years playing, I am still going round in about 120, so maybe I should change my view on that !

Got my clubs from cash converters - full set, trolley and a really retro bright blue faux leather bag straight out of the 1980s for 60 quid.

One thing I have noticed is how much better expensive balls seem to be.  They generally fly further and more importantly straighter.  Still I won't cough up for them though, get a cheap box of donnay ones, and when I'm later on hacking through bushes looking for them I usually find a few decent ones in there as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: