Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: anyone that went today  (Read 4802 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 21:18:45 »

i got an a ner ner ner
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 21:26:05 »

nerd

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 21:37:35 »

Ok, we played well without really getting out of 3rd gear.

We started off really shakey and Brezovan needed to make a good block in the first couple of minutes.

First time Roberts ran with the ball he got hacked down and Evans curled in the free kick, showed Gurney how it was done.

Then we got out foot on the ball and played it about. Weston found alot of time and space and finally showed the league what hes showed us in pre-season.

Then we got a 2nd, good run by Monkhouse, nod down by Peacock, tidy finish by Roberts....2-0

Darlingtons goal was poor defending...Brezovan didnt claim it and Vincent kind of left it to go our for a corner, but their striker came round the back and tapped it in.

Quite glad it was before half time, didnt give Darlington a chance to build up any momentum.

2nd half, bar a few minutes after Joachim came on and a few minutes towards the end they didnt really do much and we probably looked more likely to get a 3rd on the break than them ghet a 2nd.

We nearly did get a 3rd when Peacock headed against the bar via the keeper.

End of the day, we still didnt look that brilliant but again we won, someday soon it will all click and I fear for the team on the end of it....I really do...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 21:45:05 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Ok, we played well without really getting out of 3rd gear.

We started off really shakey and Brezovan needed to make a good block in the first couple of minutes.

First time Roberts ran with the ball he got hacked down and Evans curled in the free kick, showed Gurney how it was done.

Then we got out foot on the ball and played it about. Weston found alot of time and space and finally showed the league what hes showed us in pre-season.

Then we got a 2nd, good run by Monkhouse, nod down by Peacock, tidy finish by Roberts....2-0

Darlingtons goal was poor defending...Brezovan didnt claim it and Vincent kind of left it to go our for a corner, but their striker came round the back and tapped it in.

Quite glad it was before half time, didnt give Darlington a chance to build up any momentum.

2nd half, bar a few minutes after Joachim came on and a few minutes towards the end they didnt really do much and we probably looked more likely to get a 3rd on the break than them ghet a 2nd.

We nearly did get a 3rd when Peacock headed against the bar via the keeper.

End of the day, we still didnt look that brilliant but again we won, someday soon it will all click and I fear for the team on the end of it....I really do...
And this is from the pessimist!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 21:49:05 »

Brezovan - 7 - Did what he had to do well, wasnt overally troubled.

Smith - 7 - Did a fine job on the right, kept Joachim quiet when he came on

Ifil - 7 - Typical Ifil, did his job well...the odd stupid hoof but thats expected with Ifil

Williams - 7 - Organized the defend and cut out their attack, one really good tackle in the second half to stop Duke getting a shot in

Vincent - 7 - Solid tidy player. Probably at fault for the goal...but steady as you like.

Shakes - 7 - Worked hard, took his man on and got past him. Did his fair share of defensive work. Final ball was improved

Evans - 7 - The player we've been missing for years. Awesome in the middle, good range of passing. Ace free kick, couple of long range shots.

Weston - 8 - Finally got into a league game, worked hard in the middle. Closed then down, tackled, got stuck in ran at and round people. Caused problems.

Monkhouse - 7 - Still doing everything in slow motion, worked hard and got past his man a few times, better deliveres. Went off with what looked like a pulled hamstring

Roberts - 7 - Worked hard, finally got a bounce to go for him. Took his goal well and ran alot. Always looked dangerous on the break.

Peacock - 7 - Typical cock performance, still ends up too deep for my liking. Unlucky not to score.

Subs.

Nicholas - came in at left back and did well, fresh legs the defence needed

Holgate - came on in center mid and did really well. Closed down, didnt let Darlington play. Used the ball well when he had it. Impressed me

Brownlie - came on just to waste time and hold the ball up, did his job
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 22:35:29 »

Ifil - 7 - Typical Ifil, did his job well...the odd stupid hoof but thats expected with Ifil

Williams - 7 - Organized the defend and cut out their attack, one really good tackle in the second half to stop Duke getting a shot in

Vincent - 7 - Solid tidy player. Probably at fault for the goal...but steady as you like.

Shakes - 7 - Worked hard, took his man on and got past him. Did his fair share of defensive work. Final ball was improved

Evans - 7 - The player we've been missing for years. Awesome in the middle, good range of passing. Ace free kick, couple of long range shots.

Weston - 8 - Finally got into a league game, worked hard in the middle. Closed then down, tackled, got stuck in ran at and round people. Caused problems.

Monkhouse - 7 - Still doing everything in slow motion, worked hard and got past his man a few times, better deliveres. Went off with what looked like a pulled hamstring

Roberts - 7 - Worked hard, finally got a bounce to go for him. Took his goal well and ran alot. Always looked dangerous on the break.

Peacock - 7 - Typical cock performance, still ends up too deep for my liking. Unlucky not to score.

Subs.

Holgate - came on in center mid and did really well. Closed down, didnt let Darlington play. Used the ball well when he had it. Impressed me

Generally agree although I would have given Ifil 8. Not sure about Shakes though. He seems to be chronically lacking in confidence. Holgate??? I just thought he ran around like a headless chicken. Maybe I just happened to be looking away every time he did anything good :shock:
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 22:38:19 »

Here's what I thought:

A 27,000 capacity stadium with only 4,500 in it (I think that's what it was) is a quite a sad site. The stand to the right of the away end with about a quarter of one section occupied and the rest empty looked pathetic. Great turn out from our lot though. Looked like about 500 I would guess.

First half was quite strange really. We went 2-0 up without getting out of second gear. The second half would have been ridiculously comfortable had we not conceded a silly goal right on half time.

I expected the second half to be a tin hats backs to the wall effort but the expected onslaught from Darlo never happened really even when Joachim came on. Yes, they hit the post and had a couple of other chances but then for us, Peacock hit the bar and Roberts would have been clean through on goal had the fat wanker lino not penalised him for a phantom push.

Some of Darlington's footbally was actually very pretty indeed but with no end result. To contrast the styles, if they were Natalie Imbruglia, we were Leah out of Big Brother.

As has already been said, if they are one of the top sides we have got no worries this season. If they could beat the Macc lads 4-0 all I can say is bring on Macclesfield!

I have said it several times before and will continue to say it. We are going to piss this league.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 22:40:12 »

Pretty much the same as DV85 bar Shakes, whose final ball was still shit.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 22:46:08 »

Weston and Evans were quality. I really rate Vincent, but he switched off for the goal.

Very good, organised team performance. We wound Darlington up it was ace.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 23:01:56 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Subs.

Generally agree although I would have given Ifil 8. Not sure about Shakes though. He seems to be chronically lacking in confidence. Holgate??? I just thought he ran around like a headless chicken. Maybe I just happened to be looking away every time he did anything good :shock:

I thought Shakes final ball was better, but thought his work rate was top notch and his control seemed alot better. Every time he got the ball he used it and went forward with it.

Holgate did run around like a headless chicken of sorts, but I think thats what was required of him when he came on. Just to sit in the middle and close Darlington down and not let them play any football. Thought he did that well....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 19, 2006, 23:24:24 »

Oohh btw I met Northern Red today, nice chap.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 08:03:34 »

First chance I've had to post since Saturday.  I thought we were pretty good and I agree with DV - if Darlo are one of the sides to watch in this division, then we have no worries.

Not enjoyed an away match so much in ages!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: