Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: El Tel back in the England Fold  (Read 1532 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 20:56:07 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4779133.stm

Could prove to be a masterstroke or fatal move by old ginger top who looked like he was set to end up a vegetable in the old scandal rags quicker than Graham ‘Do I Not Like That’ Taylor.

Give it 6 months…

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 20:10:23 »

I tend to think this is a good move.....cockney geezers in management are definitely this seasons's thing
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 08:40:58 »

I fucking love El Tel, and i'm sickeningly happy he's back where he belongs.

The man will own the dressing room and will command respect from every player. That alone is priceless.

I was calling for Sven's head around 2001/2. I hated the way he made Premiership players play like they had grown up playing the boring, passionless, politically fuelled shit that is Italian "football".

With El Tel back, players will respect decisions made, it will be known when they've fucked up and the game itself will be far more attacking and will be like watching the England we know and love.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 13:36:01 »

Jimmy Hazell for England!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 14:48:30 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

I was calling for Sven's head around 2001/2. I hated the way he made Premiership players play like they had grown up playing the boring, passionless, politically fuelled shit that is Italian "football".

That would be about the time we won 5-1 in Munich and so salvaged, the disaster that was KK's effort at WC qualification.....McClaren is going to have to go some to please you.

There was me thinking Italy won a 4th WC from 6 final appearances....I'm glad we don't have any of that passionless shit from our Prem boys...I much prefer it when we go out before the quarters or better still fail to qualify, playing good old English stylee.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:59:38 »

It was a little after that game, i'm not trying to act like my feelings were vindicated. I loved him after that game, but that was the pinacle of his achievements with Engand in my arrogant opinion.

My comments regarding Italian football were not about that national team, they did well, it was their league as a whole. I was making the comparison between our leagues and their respective managers, no need to be fucking rude about it.

You actually appear to add weight to my arguement though. We played passionless dross at the WC, thanks to a former Serie A manager.

My point is merely that English players, who play in the premiership need a manager from the premiership. It means the players play to their strengths and in a manner they're used to.

McClaren will have to do very litttle to please me, I'm already plesased. Sven is the only manager in recent times i have disliked. I actually liked KK.
lebowski

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 18:56:03 »

venables' coaching record is hardly inspiring, and pales into insignificance when compared to sven's.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 11:20:20 »

Indeed, but that's not my point. Well done for trying though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: