Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy reaction....  (Read 6067 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 12:15:28 »

Quote from: "Christy"
There seem to be two main streams of disagreement to my original post.

I completely understand the 'we won, so shut up and enjoy it' responses.  There's logic there.  However,  I still think we'll have to improve significantly to keep winning, and it's hardly demanding Champions League standard to expect more than three shots on target against a woeful Barnet team, is it?  Of the 15/16 games I saw last season, I'd say this wasn't as good as (top of my head for starters) Yeovil, Huddersfield away, City, Colchester, Swansea, Bournemouth, Walsall, Gillingham.... I believe we're capable of getting better and will, but well remember that it took years of misery to get out of Division Four last time.....and won't get too excited, too soon!

I don't understand the point of the abusive, sniping and dismissive responses.  Is questioning the tactical approach not allowed until we've lost a few games - when it will be open house.  And then some.  A fine welcome to the TEF indeed.  And even if I was a newbie or a returning stayaway, what's the problem?

i've certainly got sympathy for you mate. you make a completely well reasoned and largely completely true post and get shot down because we've won twice?

for fucks sake people i expected better from some, but just because we've won twice in a shight division people think the set up is exempt of criticism? what a load of bollocks. like christy said imagine if king was in charge, there would've been more than one of these threads.

there's no doubt we're riding the crest of a wave and long may it continue, there's nothing better than breaking 7k on a tuesday and having that real buzz about the town and the club again.

but as far as me and clearly christy is concerned, we're all town fans and all want to win, but if you think the last two performances merit mass celebrations, you're sadly mistaken. for fucks sake DV85 is predicition 5-0 wins. get a grip people.

i'd give anything for us to carry on getting better and grab a play off if not auto promotion place, but its not as easy as turning in a largely rubbish performance and waiting for a wonder strike in the 93rd minute to win games.

just for one minute imagine if that shot had hit the post, how differently would you have perceived the performance?

officially blacker than the night.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 12:21:59 »

We are going to piss this league - FACT!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 12:28:34 »

I do not think for one minute this season will be easy but from what I have seen so far this team is perfectly capable of doing well this year!

Barnet were never looking better than Swindon in my opinion and if one team was going to win it going into the last 20 minutes you would have said it would be us. The fact we won makes it easier to be optimistic yes, but we were easily the better team out there
Piemonte

« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 13:18:03 »

Quote from: "strooood"
Quote from: "Christy"
There seem to be two main streams of disagreement to my original post.

I completely understand the 'we won, so shut up and enjoy it' responses.  There's logic there.  However,  I still think we'll have to improve significantly to keep winning, and it's hardly demanding Champions League standard to expect more than three shots on target against a woeful Barnet team, is it?  Of the 15/16 games I saw last season, I'd say this wasn't as good as (top of my head for starters) Yeovil, Huddersfield away, City, Colchester, Swansea, Bournemouth, Walsall, Gillingham.... I believe we're capable of getting better and will, but well remember that it took years of misery to get out of Division Four last time.....and won't get too excited, too soon!

I don't understand the point of the abusive, sniping and dismissive responses.  Is questioning the tactical approach not allowed until we've lost a few games - when it will be open house.  And then some.  A fine welcome to the TEF indeed.  And even if I was a newbie or a returning stayaway, what's the problem?

i've certainly got sympathy for you mate. you make a completely well reasoned and largely completely true post and get shot down because we've won twice?

for fucks sake people i expected better from some, but just because we've won twice in a shight division people think the set up is exempt of criticism? what a load of bollocks. like christy said imagine if king was in charge, there would've been more than one of these threads.

there's no doubt we're riding the crest of a wave and long may it continue, there's nothing better than breaking 7k on a tuesday and having that real buzz about the town and the club again.

but as far as me and clearly christy is concerned, we're all town fans and all want to win, but if you think the last two performances merit mass celebrations, you're sadly mistaken. for fucks sake DV85 is predicition 5-0 wins. get a grip people.

i'd give anything for us to carry on getting better and grab a play off if not auto promotion place, but its not as easy as turning in a largely rubbish performance and waiting for a wonder strike in the 93rd minute to win games.

just for one minute imagine if that shot had hit the post, how differently would you have perceived the performance?

I still dont agree. To call that "utterly dismal" is just silly in the context of some of the performances last season. I'd agree to an extend that some people are going over the top, and yes there is still significant room for improvement. (most of which can be achieved by training more on set pieces and replacing Pook with Evans)

Compare Tuesday night to Tranmere at home last season also on a tuesday night. THAT was utterly dismal.
broomfield

« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 14:00:23 »

At the end of each game Wise, Poyet and Tuttle get together before they meet the press and go through the team player by player. They look at each performance and 'rate' it.

They all know that we are far from the finished article, a fact openly admitted by DW in his post match press conferences when he says that there is a lot of work to do and a long way to go.

To date he has spent nothing on transfers, only on wages! I don't believe that this is by accident. If he has a budget set by the board he doesn't need to waste money early on. If things aren't as they should be at xmas he will have all of his money available to do sort it out.

We are no where near perfect, no one at the club has said that we are. The only people saying that we will p==s this league is the people on the fans websites.

Lets measure our enthusiasm with a little reality, if we were playing attractive passing football we wouldn't have the players we have. DW clearly sees ability there, he's stacking his reputation on it, and i for one believe that that means a lot to him as he is a proud man with terrific standards.

Give him a chance, give them a chance and support them as best we can, whilst appreciating that this is a steep learning curve for all.

Roll on Rochdale!!
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 15:47:37 »

Excellent post broomfield, spot on the money!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: