Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worrying.  (Read 3227 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:43:19 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/5222372.stm

As I said on thisis, it does highlight our dependance on BP.  Hope he doesn't follow his heart.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:46:20 »

That could leave us in the do-do. Hope it is just political nonsence from QPR.

Don't go Bill.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:51:49 »

Yeah I think it is, reminds me of Ray Hardman on the C4 documentary where he says if there's someone else out there who's willing to take all this on, let them.  Knowing full well no one at all was interested.

I kinda liked Ray H after that programme though.  Good bloke he was.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:51:58 »

I'd expect a swift statement from MD or BP on this saying one thing or the other....not something that should be hanging around.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:52:58 »

Sounds like the sort of thing Rikki Hunt used to do.  "I am happy to sell to anyone who thinks they can do a better job", the n quietly mentions the need to be paid up a sufficient wad of cash to release the ownership.  I think the fans are still very wary of the guy at QPR and use names like Power to say who could do a better job in their eyes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:56:11 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Sounds like the sort of thing Rikki Hunt used to do.  "I am happy to sell to anyone who thinks they can do a better job", the n quietly mentions the need to be paid up a sufficient wad of cash to release the ownership.  I think the fans are still very wary of the guy at QPR and use names like Power to say who could do a better job in their eyes.

That's a bit unfair on Rikki....as he only ever had a relatively small number of shares and never anything like enough for ownership.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 09:59:39 »

It's a little worrying but I think Power's committed enough to this cause business wise. I'm sure after his treatment behind the scenes at QPR he'll want to keep his love for the club strictly non-business related.

I hope so anyway!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 10:04:03 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "RobertT"

That's a bit unfair on Rikki....as he only ever had a relatively small number of shares and never anything like enough for ownership.

I know, it's more the style of comment that Rikki often came out with.  The hollow promise of just walking away, as if he'd do it for nothing.  Finally did, but not because he was being nice.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 10:08:37 »

I'd expect a swift statement from MD or BP on this saying one thing or the other....not something that should be hanging around.

Don't see why they should be expected to respond to s**t-stirring from Paladini to be honest - this is just Paladini saying to QPR fans who don't like him (ie about 90% of them) "Put up or shut up" and "You want Bill Power back? OK, you get him back then?" but as Rob T says, there's a subclause of "Oh, and I'll need umpty million out of it". It's brinksmanship as part of QPR's internal politics, I don't see the need for our board to get themselves dragged into it and don't think it would be very wise for them to allow themselves to fall for that.
lumpimynci

« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 11:01:43 »

I'm pretty sure no-one on our board comes to games with a couple of gun wielding goons.

That must count in our favour surely?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 11:02:44 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Don't see why they should be expected to respond to s**t-stirring from Paladini to be honest - this is just Paladini saying to QPR fans who don't like him (ie about 90% of them) "Put up or shut up" and "You want Bill Power back? OK, you get him back then?" but as Rob T says, there's a subclause of "Oh, and I'll need umpty million out of it". It's brinksmanship as part of QPR's internal politics, I don't see the need for our board to get themselves dragged into it and don't think it would be very wise for them to allow themselves to fall for that.

A simple, "It's all a load of bollocks, let's move on" comment from BP or MD would put it all to bed though wouldn't it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 11:38:53 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "pauld"

A simple, "It's all a load of bollocks, let's move on" comment from BP or MD would put it all to bed though wouldn't it?
Yes
my-velocity

« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:23:06 »

This is worrying yes, but seeing as BP has put some money into the club he may not leave. RichPullen i think your right, he will want to keep his love for the club non-buisness related. Hopefully we'll hear soon from him or MD.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:24:05 »

Why would he leave he's only just arrived!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:26:24 »

he wont go. he's been at QPR and it didn't work out why go back?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: