Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Ince no Bull!  (Read 12904 times)
my-velocity

« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:35:57 »

What sort of wages would he be on, he better not expect alot....
Doore

« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:41:27 »

How on earth would we know what wages he would be on?  A) It is a matter dealt with in a private boardroom, we are not there.  B)  He has not signed yet, so to answer this would be like claiming o be able to predict the future.  Even I'm not that clever.  Mind you, Reg might be able to...
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:52:35 »

As long as Power stays, i think we could afford this luxuary for a year especially if helps gain promotion - which will earn more revenue. Bit of cost benefit thats all.

Come on YOU REDS!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:53:01 »

When it comes to wages I think we have to trust that at this moment in time the finances are being handled sensibly.

It has been stated a number of times by both wise and devlin that this new 'era' at swindon doesn't mean we can splash the cash without thought for the future ramifications.

I don't see any reason why they would suddenly go back on their word and make a signing that places the future financial security of this football club at risk.. As a result I'm comfortable that the £££s are under control.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 12:56:47 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
When it comes to wages I think we have to trust that at this moment in time the finances are being handled sensibly.

It has been stated a number of times by both wise and devlin that this new 'era' at swindon doesn't mean we can splash the cash without thought for the future ramifications.

I don't see any reason why they would suddenly go back on their word and make a signing that places the future financial security of this football club at risk.. As a result I'm comfortable that the £££s are under control.

agreed.

Come on YOU REDS!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:03:37 »

plus the football league still have to ok any signings we make.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:11:25 »

Even if we did sign him, which i think would be good, isnt it a bit strange that he is going on holiday at this time? Surely pro footballers take holidays earlier in the summer not a week before the season starts?? Seems like Ince's heart for the game may be wayning a bit? Sorry i think he will be a good signing just think the holiday thing is strange.

Come on YOU REDS!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:23:14 »

Quote from: "FlashGordon"
Even if we did sign him, which i think would be good, isnt it a bit strange that he is going on holiday at this time? Surely pro footballers take holidays earlier in the summer not a week before the season starts?? Seems like Ince's heart for the game may be wayning a bit? Sorry i think he will be a good signing just think the holiday thing is strange.

Doesn't say he's going on holiday. Says he's going to Portugal for the weekend.

I expect he nips out to his villa whenever he's got a spare few days.

Should be a great motivator for Pook. Should make him work hard for a lifestyle he can only dream about at the moment.
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:28:09 »

If ince does sign then I reckon him gus and wisey should all start each of the ldv paint whatever it's called nowadays trophey games. Would be a good way of turning otherwise not that important games into big gatee reciepts.

Might be getting a bit ahead of my self there though.
sonic youth

« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:33:23 »

i can't believe people are saying this might not be a good signing.

what possible reason do you having for saying that?

ince has been wolves' best player for the past 4 seasons, he's been a massive influence on their team and that's been in the championship and the premiership. we're in league two, why the fuck wouldn't paul ince be an awesome addition to the squad?

furthermore, he'll be at the club in a player/coach role - can you imagine the impact that training with players such as ince, wise and poyet would have on our youngsters? as wokinghamred says, pook would learn more in a week under ince than he would in a season under onuora or king. the same goes for most of the younger players.

as others have said, the wage structure at the club isn't huge and the people running the club have acknowledged past mistakes and have promised to rectify them - i don't see any reason why they'd risk everything for the sake of one player?

ince would bring a huge amount of influence to this club, both in the team and on the training ground. it would be an amazing coup for a club of our size and in the position we're in.

therefore, anyone who says it wouldn't be a good signing is talking bollocks. utter bollocks.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:34:46 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
If ince does sign then I reckon him gus and wisey should all start each of the ldv paint whatever it's called nowadays trophey games. Would be a good way of turning otherwise not that important games into big gatee reciepts.

I think Wise and Poyet should do that regardless to whether Ince joins or not
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:38:41 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i can't believe people are saying this might not be a good signing.

what possible reason do you having for saying that?

ince has been wolves' best player for the past 4 seasons, he's been a massive influence on their team and that's been in the championship and the premiership. we're in league two, why the fuck wouldn't paul ince be an awesome addition to the squad?

furthermore, he'll be at the club in a player/coach role - can you imagine the impact that training with players such as ince, wise and poyet would have on our youngsters? as wokinghamred says, pook would learn more in a week under ince than he would in a season under onuora or king. the same goes for most of the younger players.

as others have said, the wage structure at the club isn't huge and the people running the club have acknowledged past mistakes and have promised to rectify them - i don't see any reason why they'd risk everything for the sake of one player?

ince would bring a huge amount of influence to this club, both in the team and on the training ground. it would be an amazing coup for a club of our size and in the position we're in.

therefore, anyone who says it wouldn't be a good signing is talking bollocks. utter bollocks.

agreed 100% Sonic Lad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:40:03 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

Might be getting a bit ahead of my self there though.

Stick to the bollocks FB.....would you go to a JPT game just because some old farts were playing....
sonic youth

« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:47:54 »

would ben go to a game anyway?  Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 28, 2006, 13:51:16 »

fair point reg and sonic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: