Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: arsenal  (Read 3079 times)

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 22, 2006, 23:53:55 »

went to the new stadium today as a neutral,though my son supports arsenal aswell as swindon.it was superb and a great theatre of football.i hope we get them in the cup so stfc fans can appreciate the ground.and maybe snatch a win there.
farmer geoff

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 11:01:28 »

i loved highbury when swindon got a draw there, but tghat new stadium looks the business. how can arsenal build that in two years and wembly still isnt ready after six years???
Danjackson10

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 11:05:57 »

yeah i enjoyed the day and im very happy i set henry up for the goal  Cheesy
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 11:41:01 »

new stadium looks good but they need sponsers on the grey bits because that bit looks a bit tacky
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 12:47:31 »

Quote from: "farmer geoff"
i loved highbury when swindon got a draw there, but tghat new stadium looks the business. how can arsenal build that in two years and wembly still isnt ready after six years???

I guess it is easier to start afresh than pull down an old stadium and put up a new one. But quite how it is 4 years longer is beyod me...
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 17:41:39 »

Quote from: "Rich"
new stadium looks good but they need sponsers on the grey bits because that bit looks a bit tacky
yeah sponsors get rid of that tacky feel, definitely  :|
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 21:37:02 »

Have to say the ground looks VERY nice.
Glad to see its not one of these lifeless run of the mill pre-pack stylee ones
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 12:44:53 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

this is bothering me. can someone who has been to the new stadium please explain to me why IT IS NOT a run of the mill pre pack stylee one? sometimes when i see a reporter in a new ground eg. madjeski, st marys, molineaux, stadium of light etc the only way you can which stadium it is is the the colour of the seats! these new lifeless stadiums have no character and really piss me off!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 12:52:06 »

I love the fact arsenal employed the old site manager of wembley afetr they sacked him.  He then organx=ised arsenal at half teh cost in half teh time! ace

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:27:38 »

Quote from: "STFCere"

this is bothering me. can someone who has been to the new stadium please explain to me why IT IS NOT a run of the mill pre pack stylee one? sometimes when i see a reporter in a new ground eg. madjeski, st marys, molineaux, stadium of light etc the only way you can which stadium it is is the the colour of the seats! these new lifeless stadiums have no character and really piss me off!

From what I have seen, its got a funky kind of wavy effect for each tier. Either that or I was pissed when I saw the pictures. :shock:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:29:23 »

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=The+Club&article=398998

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:36:05 »

it looks just like the city of manchester stadium inside, and the internal concourse is exactly the same as the new wembley. i think ive made my point

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:36:52 »

Well it couldn't be any worse than highbury, that was a shithole, worst premiership ground I've been too.
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 19:21:44 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Well it couldn't be any worse than highbury, that was a shithole, worst premiership ground I've been too.

Don't let your Yidness blind you.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 22:55:02 »

Quote from: "STFCere"

i've been wondering the same. it looks nice and all, but it's not as though there's anything architectually striking about it as far as i can see.
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
facility-wise it wasn't great but at least the place had a 'feel' to it. some parts were crumbling but it definitely had character, i enjoyed our recent trip there and even saw the master bergkamp in action (dirty bastard, he used his elbow).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: