Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UEFA u19 championships  (Read 2326 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 10:48:28 »

Scotland through to the semi's Beers  Get in!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:04:11 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

I've been watching some of this tornament  on Eurosport.......Spain have been the best I've seen so far.   They mullered Scotland.

Some of the diving particularly from the likes of Austria has been pathetic...its good that Scotland progressed at the expense of the Portugeezers....with Archie Gemmill in charge at least  Scotland wil play a man's game./
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:12:58 »

Watch the spain game in the pub and I was so dissapointed with the game, got fucked four nil and Spain tore us to pieces. We did get into some good position but the end product was poor. However Spain have ripped everyone to shreds so far!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:18:53 »

Watch the spain game in the pub and I was so dissapointed with the game, got fucked four nil and Spain tore us to pieces. We did get into some good position but the end product was poor. However Spain have ripped everyone to shreds so far!

Unlike the senior side Spain do often win these types of tournament....its a sad state pf affairs (well not to you) that England despite the moolah lobbed at academies, can't qualify for tournaments like this.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:25:33 »

and England actually managed to finish bottom of their qualifying group, below Northern Ireland! :shock:

Spud

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:29:10 »

Didnt even know it was on tbh, says it all really.  :roll:
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:37:10 »

Clutching at straws or what!

Go on, baffle me with some real achievement in a higher profile competition instead of under 19's please
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:50:17 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"

Go on, baffle me with some real achievement in a higher profile competition instead of under 19's please

Sorry! Thought this was a other football forum and thought this was a story worthy of it. :roll:

McLovin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:54:58 »

Who should we look out for then from this championship (Scottish or otherwise)?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 12:00:23 »

Janczyk from Poland... Already a regular for LEgia Warsaw's first team. Pretty much andone from the Spanish team, Ilhan Prlak has scored 5 times for Turkey and looked good

Spud

« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 12:12:57 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:01:02 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Who should we look out for then from this championship (Scottish or otherwise)?

Erwin Hoffer, of Austria looks a decent finisher, but dives more than Ronaldo.  Given Austria have disgracefully got a bye into Euro 08...he may feature.

Jaroslav Fojut,  looks decent and is at Bolton, he made a Prem debut last season.

Gerard Pique of Spain is a beast and on the books of ManUre
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 15:53:42 »

Qualifying for 5 world cups in a row (74,78,82,86,90) is a pretty good success rate for a country of the size of Scotland.  Fair enough this may not compete with other countries with larger populations, but in comparison with Norway/Sweden/Denmark/Wales/Poland and other "smaller nations" it's not a bad achievement.

Unfortunately due to the nature of football we've just experienced a very dark period for our side, bit like your boys in the 70's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: