Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wise - playing?  (Read 5121 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:40:53 »

come someone please tell me why wise, perhaps our most talented player doesnt want to play himself? it seems a shame to waste such a talent, he looks in great shape and IMO would outclass every player on the pitch next season.

oh, and poyet, could he still do something?

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:42:31 »

Wise wants other players to prove they are better than what he can do... The guy is at an age where he wants to concentrate on his coaching and that's fair enough. I'd like to see him play aswell.

Poyet has been retired for a couple of years! He's a last resort.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:43:07 »

Poyet played in Ibiza,

I think Wise will want to get the initial set up sorted before adding himself to the equation. Im sure we will see him at some point......
danny121

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:44:47 »

Also having not been at the club for long, by not playin himself hel be able to stand back and actually have a look at what others can do in games.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:46:21 »

and he probably knows how he can play.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:46:26 »

but surely if hes going to play himself at some point in the season he needs match fitness which is what friendlies are for

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:47:48 »

I don't think he'll play much though.  He wants to Manage the team.  I'd reckon he'll give it a few weeks before he names himself, if at all.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:47:57 »

Yeh im a bit worried he hasnt played many games.  Hes got a good eye for goal, and Coventry (Championship side) were prepared to allow him to stay and play games for them on a regular basis.  Hes better then Pook anyway
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:50:35 »

its just a blatant waste of talent, i reckon he should be on the bench every game then if things go tits up on he comes to save the day

Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:56:34 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Poyet played in Ibiza,

I think Wise will want to get the initial set up sorted before adding himself to the equation. Im sure we will see him at some point......

And a mistake by Poyet almost led to us conceding a goal.

I think Poyet's appearance was because of

a) he's a Real Zaragoza legend so the locals would have been disappointed not to have seen him play.

b) His exploits in the Southern Masters probably made him want to play some more.

I also hope Poyet plays for the club - Particularly in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:57:41 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Poyet played in Ibiza,

I think Poyet's appearnace was

a) he's a Real Zaragoza legend so the locals would have been disappointed not to have seen him play.

b) His exploits in the Southern Masters probably made him want to play some more.

I also hope Poyet plays for the club - Particularly in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

is that the new ldv?

Rich Pullen

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 13:58:14 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
Quote from: "RichPullen"
Poyet played in Ibiza,

I think Poyet's appearnace was

is that the new ldv?

Yes it certainly is.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 14:05:41 »

we should fucking win it next year

sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 15:03:58 »

i think that wise wants to prove himself as an out and out manager, not just a manager who leaves an impact by playing at a level way below his ability.

that's my theory anyway
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 15:21:17 »

fair point, but surely the most important aspect of management is winning stuff. we have a far greater chance of winning stuff with him plumped in the middle of the field than that prat pook. the more he plays, the more we win, the better his management record will look

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: