Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: geek people....advice again please  (Read 745 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 22, 2006, 10:37:18 »

being a 25 year old but somehow not being able to near enough turn on a computer, id like some help?

I have a Motorola E398 phone and have some top notch videos of away days, id like to put them on my laptop in order to store them.  How do I do this and if it needs an adaptor can I buy one? and where from?

Thanks Si Pie

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 22, 2006, 10:50:35 »

You need a data cable plus software (ie drivers basically, the software that comes with these things is usually shit). Look in the box, see if there's a USB cable and CD in there, if not something like this should do the trick:
http://www.eliteelectronics.co.uk/Motorola_e398_USB_Data_Suite.html

You should be able to get one from Carphone Whorehouse or whatever your favourite mobile retail outlet is, as long as the phone's relatively common.

Or if you've got IR on the phone and laptop you could try fart-arseing about with that, but tbh for 16 quid, life's too short.
Danjackson10

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 22, 2006, 11:41:58 »

it it has bluetooth you can get a bluetooth adaptor for your laptop and zap them over in quick time!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 24, 2006, 08:15:50 »

Pauld and Dan, thank you for the advice, looks pretty simple, will check teh box tonight and see if theres anything in there.

If not. £16.00 is a bargain

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: