Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pathetic....  (Read 3950 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 00:57:57 »

I think you've been to less than ten games ever. £40 x 10 = £400. My season ticket this season nearly cost that much and I've missed quite a few games.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:01:40 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I think you've been to less than ten games ever. £40 x 10 = £400. My season ticket this season nearly cost that much and I've missed quite a few games.

And you don't work?  Oh and where did you aquire such a fortune Sonic Youth?

Colchester (A)
Bradford (H)
Torquay (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Colchester (H)
Brentford (A)
Southend (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Luton (A)

9 games I make that - about 350 quid - that's a hell of a lot of money considering I only earn 150 quid on average per month, and that is used on a hell of a lot more than football.  Considering I've only seen 2 wins (both back before October) I must be bloody stupid to have been to 7 games since.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:04:23 »

Clearly you're bad luck then.

Thank fuck you're skint.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:05:12 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Thank fuck you're skint.

I'm going to Franchise tho to make it 10.  Let this be your warning - don't go.

Dave - don't joke about my bad luck, look at the thread about my overall record with Town and you'll see how true that statement is.   Crying
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:05:23 »

I worked for six months, I earnt a few grand in that time which paid for my season ticket ta. I can't believe you think 9 games spread across about three years gives you the right to denounce everyone's opinion like you know better, you're almost as deluded as Gary Hmmm...
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:07:03 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Thank fuck you're skint.

I'm going to Franchise tho to make it 10.  Let this be your warning - don't go.

I've already paid  :roll:
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:09:39 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I worked for six months, I earnt a few grand in that time which paid for my season ticket ta. I can't believe you think 9 games spread across about three years gives you the right to denounce everyone's opinion like you know better, you're almost as deluded as Gary Hmmm...

9 games from this season whachoo talking about willis?  I went to a lot more last season, but then Swindon Town gave me reason to go a lot mroe - we could fucking play football then (esp. if you include the playoff game I managed to blag my way into).  That's not a bad ratio considering, and even if I lived in the merry town of Swindon at 14 quid a pop for the Nationwide not sure I'd be there every other week.  Alcohol, girlfriend, grooming products are damn expensive these days!

I do not denounce - I have differing opinoins to other people, but then since when does the high and mighty Sonic Youth never disagree with other's opinions?  I've seen enough of Swindon's bad days to suggest no Swindon player should ever be in the team again, with the exception of Parkin of course.

Dave - get a refund mate, it's not worth the travel cost.  In future I'll make a threat telling people to boycott a match whenever I've got a ticket?!  The club'll love me for that...
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 01:23:24 »

Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sussex

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 10:23:41 »

Oooooh, you girls did have a bit of banter last night didn't you! Cheesy

If I can just chuck my two penneth worth in:

Think about how fans were outraged by having to pay a couple of quid extra on a matchday. £2 is naff all, and if you want to see your team you'll pay it. The point I think Walrus was trying to get across is that us exiles also have to justify the extra £35 (in my case) in petrol. I go when cash/work/single mums allow. It's shit, but that's life.

Might I just add, unless it's a matchday thread, I never make comment on a game if I didn't attend it. Mind you, can't usually be arsed to comment if I do go!

tis' all x
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:24:06 »

The point is that this time last year we were getting 7-8000 people. There are NOT 3000 exiles that have decided they can't afford it.

The main problem is people who can't be arsed to go unless there's gonna be
a) a good opposition
b) a guarantee that there will be a good game or
c) a fight

These are the people that go 2-3 times a season (depending on league position) and say they've been loyal to the town for 25 years. I've had a season ticket for two years, and used to try and get to a game every month when my dad could take me (I was only about 12!), whether we were winning or losing. I know I'm not the world's best fan but atleast I do what I can!
(Not having a go at exiles!)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: