Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre/post-match interviews  (Read 6175 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 12:48:57 »

I think some of you are in denial about what King says about our fans. Do you think the fans at Southend didnt give a toss about Swindon?

You know King is an emotional and sometimes unstable person. While I have found that quality somewhat endearing in the past I have now had enough and his 'fuck you' attitude is wearing thin. You know what King has said about Swindon fans in the past (Chelts, Crewe plus others) and he will explode again if questioned.

I think Swindon fans are split right down the middle on King (which is a big big problem). On some forums, like the rivals one, they are almost exclusively anti King. That site does have some well respected and long supporting (suffering) Town fans on it. Im sceptical of some of the pro King posts on the Thisisstfc site because the adver isnt adverse to a bit of propoganda if they think it needed. For instance that Fattyhead only ever posts on threads regarding King and King out. Definatley taking it too seriously, but passions are running high at the moment.
Dazzza

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 16:56:38 »

To be fair it wasn’t that bad, nothing to some of the drivel he has discharged in the past.

If he had cut himself short after 3 minutes then it may have even sounded quite reasonable.

Fair play that he let his team do the talking it’s just a pity that he then decided to carry on himself after the match.  When he starts once again criticizing fans whether they are a minority or not he’s going to find an increasing number emerging every time he makes a mistake.

I’d say it’s certainly more than a minority that want a change.  Because a lot of fans choose to turn up on a Saturday to watch football not argue with the comic in charge it doesn’t mean their opinions are any less valid.

I have to agree with King though when he says that it’s a strange situation given the state of the club and the league position.  He certainly seems to slowly be grasping that he does him self no favours with his post match tirades.

What sums it up for me is that in a ten minute interview three quarters was spent talking about his position and only a quarter was spent talking football and even then half of that was simply repeating what he had said earlier.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 18:11:08 »

Someone phoned in after the game and mentioned that someone else should conduct post-match interviews and the club should more or less gag King. He was absolutely spot on and I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone who has phoned in before, let alone to that degree. He made a very good point about alienating small sections of an already tiny fanbase and the ripple effect it is bound to have.

I honestly want him out of this club now, I just don't feel he's going to take us anywhere and I'm sick of his attitude as much as anything. I'd like to see us appoint Ronnie Moore personally.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 18:18:29 »

I'd agree with the gagging policy for his own good more than anything,though I do feel that his comments are being taken out of context.

Lets face it this is just an excuse to get at him, you cant moan about the performance so moan about his post match comments.The chap cant win.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 19:20:43 »

Its all very well talking about a performance against anchored to the bottom Stockport which wont matter at the end of the season because we wont win another 10 games. But what about the performance at Southend and Notts County that would have actually counted for something? Or Colchester when we had a very good crowd.

Iv been prepared to accept Kings eccentricitys when I thought he was doing a good job. He has put himself in a precarious position with his comments and offended many people meaning the daggers will always come out given half a chance. Now even lads like myself want him gone because he has lost it. Southend proved that for me. Talking to people on saturday I now know (as in personally) only one Town fan who actively wants Kingy to stay and thats BanburyRed who is scared by our financial position.

I dont know if King is too thick to realise but if he wants a future here the last thing he should be doing is trying to drive a wedge down the middle of the club with a with me or against me stance. Lets face it, the man now cant win because we know Kingy will never change. This will repeat itself with more freqency and ferocity until he is gone.

I want the best thing for Swindon Town. The best thing King could do tommorow is resign. But he cares more about his own salary than he does the club.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 10:25:39 »

Andy King has done a good job for this club and he hasn't exactly been treated well by the board has he.  He is a human being like all of us on here, and he can only do his best.  If Andy resigns from his position do you honestly think that the club would be able to afford anyone better?  

I was in the town end saturday amongst people singing King out.  The team were playing well and we had scored 2 goals, ALL the fans needed to get behind the team and sing for them and not for Kings head.  Fair play to all the fans that sang sing your hearts out for the lads, because that is what we need to do.
Dazzza

« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 11:50:22 »

It’s close to civil war.

It’s hard to gauge exactly where the split lies, but it can’t continue.

We are down to a hardcore of support of 4,500 and whatever your opinion there is no way King should be isolating sections of an already dwindling support base.  

Were 11th in the table and just come from a game with a 3-0 victory against a team we haven’t beat at home for close to 20 years and yet support the manager is as divided as ever and arguably worse than it was before the game.

It can’t continue, for the sake of everyone, the team and the club something has to give.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 11:58:17 »

"It’s close to civil war."

It's like the situation in the Ukraine after the elections and a bit like Iraq now.  The pro King fans are the Swindon "Sunni Muslims" and the anti king are the "Shiite's".  It's all great entertainment in what has so far been a shit season.

Who will prevail, only time time tell.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 11:59:07 »

i'm actually getting rather bored with it...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 12:15:29 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
"It’s close to civil war."

It's like the situation in the Ukraine after the elections and a bit like Iraq now.  The pro King fans are the Swindon "Sunni Muslims" and the anti king are the "Shiite's".  It's all great entertainment in what has so far been a shit season.

Who will prevail, only time time tell.

Well maybe next week Brian Talbot will get mixed up in a scrap with the warring factions in Oldham....as apparently happened to him yesterday in Manchester between Kurds and Iraqis.

Its a funny old world, when British planes are being shot down in Iraq trying to bring democracy to their country....and of the 150,000 eligible to vote in the UK only 30,000 odd bother, then have to scrap at the polling station.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 12:34:10 »

I saw that on tv Reg, his back window was smashed.  He hasn't had a great weekend has he?

Amazingly the American backed candidate looks like he's going to walk the election.  Quelle surprise!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 12:40:44 »

Ken Livingstone entitled a book If Voting Changed Anything They'd Abolish It.....they've tried it in the USSR and the only noticeable outcome is Chelsea wiinning their first title since 1955.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: