Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson, anyone?  (Read 10637 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 11:55:26 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Nah, not interested in Danny boy.  The only person I would be interested in other than Iffy would be Holloway.

Yes

Would be very disappointed to see Wilson here TBH.
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:15:08 »

God you lot, let's get real.

Iffy's not up to it, Holloway will probably get a job at a higher level than League 2, and Wilsons won promotions and consistantly had City up in the top 3.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:16:45 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Iffy's not up to it, Holloway will probably get a job at a higher level than League 2, and Wilsons won promotions and consistantly had City up in the top 3.

Wilson has won, one promotion?....and what 3/4 relegations?

Consistantly, had money, spent it...got city into the top 3 and still couldnt get them promoted...
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:21:05 »

Didn't he take Wednesday up after Barnsley? Not sure. And the playoffs are a complete lottery, we know that as well as anyone.

Didn't spend any money in his season at City or at MKD, where he did brilliantly to keep them up last season and nearly did it again.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:21:22 »

What a superbly persuasive argument David.  I have taken your advice and got real.  As a result I now think Danny Wilson should be our manager. Cool
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:23:37 »

:|  You're losing your wit, OST.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:25:21 »

:|  You're losing your wit, OST.

Never! :shock:
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:26:52 »

It's a fine art, repartee. So I'm told.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 12:27:48 »

what about gettins malcom? crosby back, as he mite be out of a job soon, to add experience and get the player fit!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 15:27:20 »

Didn't he take Wednesday up after Barnsley? Not sure. And the playoffs are a complete lottery, we know that as well as anyone.

Didn't spend any money in his season at City or at MKD, where he did brilliantly to keep them up last season and nearly did it again.

Wednesday only won their first promotion in god knows how many years last season, which I'm pretty sure Danny Wilson didnt play a part in. He got sacked from Sheffield Wednesday and they went down....

Play offs are a lottery, but with the City team he had he shouldnt have needed that lottery
land_of_bo

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 15:35:54 »

In 1998-99, Wilson guided Sheffield Wednesday to a respectable 12th place in the Premiership and had hopes for a top half finish the following season. But he was sacked the following March, having led the club only toward relegation.

In June 2000, Wilson was appointed manager of Division Two Bristol City on a four-year contract. His contract expired at the end of the 2003-04 season, and was not renewed because he had failed to achieve promotion after several poor seasons.

In December 2004, Wilson was named as the new manager of the controversial Coca Cola League One side Franchise. In his first season, he manged to save the club from relegation - they would have gone down had it not been for a 10-point penalty imposed on Wrexham who had gone into receivership.

Wilson was unable to save Franchise from relegation to League Two at the end of the 2005-06 season, and he was sacked on May 10, 2006.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Wilson_%28football%29"

0 promotions.

*edit - sorry, 1 promotion with Barnsely before going to Sheff Weds...

Still not an inspiring CV
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 15:49:18 »

i'd rather have aids than wilson as manager.

i'd also still rather we left iffy to have a summer to build a squad he wants to have next season and judge him on that next year

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 15:51:40 »

Quote from: "bennett"
i'd also still rather we left iffy to have a summer to build a squad he wants to have next season and judge him on that next year

I'd second that. Judging Iffy as manager on the ups and downs of last season on and off the pitch is not a fair reflection.
Lumps

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 18:41:56 »

FUCK NO!

One decent season with Barnsley and a fucking disaster ever since.
Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 11, 2006, 20:55:20 »

Quote from: "STFC_Manc"
what about gettins malcom? crosby back, as he mite be out of a job soon, to add experience and get the player fit!

He got a few mentions the other night in the UEFA cup final.  

The man is a legend and maybe just the tonic needed to give Iffy a lift in the experience stakes.

Absolute Gent and a half and top notch cone gatherer to boot.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: