Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: urgency...  (Read 3405 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:50:45 »

We are shit sums it up. Cant be bothered to try and anagram-ise it though!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:55:42 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"
Gurney was missed in today.  We need cool heads, passing ability, and experience.  We might have had a chance at Swansea if Gurney was available.  Let's face it, without Gurney, we are doomed.

Gurney is the only defender we have who can consistently get the ball  and use it well in to midfield. I am sick of the hoofing anywhere, bypassing midfield, or sideways or back with no eventual progress. Also his fighting spirit would have helped today. OK he's a bit of a thug, but a honest one, unlike some others.

ust be the oldest
my-velocity

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:58:39 »

I would prefer Gurney to Jenkins for the simple fact he's better.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:59:48 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I wouldn't say we are doomed. This team is guaranteed to throw up surprises, they are wearing Swindon shirts. Its not looking great but I believe we stil can win at Swansea and we will see how the table looks after that

Actually, I am relieved that Gurney is out especially against Swansea, my post was meant as satire.  I could see a red card for Gurney in that game.

Swansea lost today, and will be meaner than junk yard dogs on Tues.  Pretty obviously, if we can keep things tight in the first half (yes, I would play 4:5:1 for the first 45 minutes and battle for everything), the crowd might get on the home team's backs.  The fans will be expecting 3:0 and it to be all over by the first half hour.  The two two-week breaks have hurt us as has the injury to the good Smith.  If we had both Smith and CCP available instead of missing them, we would be safe by now.

Aside from relegation, keeping the nucleus of the side together is very important.  There doesn't seem to be a big gulf between Div. I and II.  I think it is more important to have a decent squad next year than which division we are in.  Obviously one will influence the other, rather than  stinking up Div I again, a decent league position and some cup activity would be better outcome.  

This season was unforgivable.  Right from the start, everyone was aware that the midfield was the weakpoint.  Andy King tried to strengthen the midfield too late, that was his downfall. 4:5:1 might have worked at the beginning, but Evans was needed for clean sheets.  Also. we may as well as raised a sign at the CG, run at our defence the midfield isn't up to Div I standard, it won't stop you and won't score any goals.

Back to Tues., they have to believe in their ability, battle, and surprise Swansea by passing the ball well.  Also, we are due some luck with the woodwork.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 20:07:04 »

Im glad you were taking the piss I must admit I wasnt quite sure.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 20:41:35 »

the first thing he typed was spot on though in my opinion

Gurney was missed today
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 9, 2006, 09:46:54 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"
Gurney was missed in today.  We need cool heads, passing ability, and experience.  We might have had a chance at Swansea if Gurney was available.  Let's face it, without Gurney, we are doomed.

Gurney-cool head

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 9, 2006, 10:04:30 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
No....trying to play football is the only way to go even at the end.

That philosophy should be drummed into the players, then attempts should be made to educate the fans.

Absolutely right Reg but tbh I don't know if the passing across the back line yesterday was an attempt to play football or simply not having much of a clue what else to do with the damn ball.

Without wishing to sound like DV, we're screwed really aren't we?

All the teams round us are playing like they're trying to fight relegation to the end - we're playing like we're already down
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: