Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mooney?  (Read 2818 times)
STFC Village

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 13:57:31 »

Quote from: "Johno"
only reason why he left was because king didn't want him. Mooney said so, he wanted to stay. Shame he went to oxford. I think he still regrets leaving swindon. we've never replaced mooney, and we still haven't replaced parkin
That is simply not true Johno. We couldn't afford his wage demands
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:08:46 »

and that.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:15:41 »

We couldn't afford Mooney at all, and we now have Peacock and Curo.

Okay neither of them are the next Sam Parkin but you can't expect that
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:17:32 »

Peacock and Cureton are big names really for league one. They must be on quite decent wages. Neither though have lived up so far, they have played well but not scoring.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 16:51:49 »

Peacock and Cureton are big names really for league one. They must be on quite decent wages. Neither though have lived up so far, they have played well but not scoring.

Do you think they will be around next year in League 2 ?

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 19:06:18 »

cureton's scored 5 in 12 which isn't a terrible record given the service he's been getting.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 19:59:47 »

After making a boo-boo re.:  Mooney you should have kept quiet Johno....   :evil:

That's a bit unfair on Peacock and Curo.  Since his return from Col U I think Cureton has played very well and justified his signing.  Okay, he needed to be doing it all season-long but even Parkin was afforded rough patches in his career here.

Peacock is still in his early days here and the service he has received has been appalling.  He's been playing well and his hold-up play has been fantastic - better in my opinion than Fallon.  I don't think our problems have anything to do with our front men.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 21:53:12 »

I didn't say they have played badly, i think they both have played very well...but they need to start scoring more if we are going to get out of this. Peacock has only got 1.

Yesterday we got balls in the box, to curo and peacock, but they were scared to shoot. everyone was.

To conclude all im saying is that they need to start scoring, not just play well. They have had chances. In a team near the bottom of the league your not going to get loads of great open chances so anything they have to take. Its hard i know but they have to.

NMH, i couldn't see them staying if we went down. I hope they would, they would shoot us straight back up i hope.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: